Moore's Island, Abaco - Fly Fishing Forum
Bonefish, Tarpon, and other Obsessions Turquoise water, silver demons on the fly

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 11:42 AM

Moore's Island, Abaco

Has anyone fished Moore's Island off Abaco? How do you get there, boat or plane? What about accomodations? Are the flats wadable or is a boat required? I'm not against hiring a guide but I like to knock around on my own as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 05:47 PM

Moores Island

Fished Moores a couple of different times a number of years ago - I don't recall any lodging on the Island itself but I do know that they kept referring to a town or settlement called Hard Bargain (it might have been more of fishing camp) - a quick view on Google earth would indicate whether or not homes exist on the Island).

We based out of Sandy Point and used the local guides to fish Mores as well as the areas surrounding Sandy Point. I would consider my self a pretty hardcore DIYer - but was not able to do any while basing out of SP - my impression was that there was not a ton of DIY opportunity on that part of the Island

To be honest - I would not make a trip just to fish Moore's, fishing was not bad but not legendary either. Now the fishing on the Cay's off the North end of Abaco running towards Walkers Cay (Strangers, Carters, Great Sale etc was legendary....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.