Acklins in November/December - Fly Fishing Forum
Bonefish, Tarpon, and other Obsessions Turquoise water, silver demons on the fly

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-10-2012, 08:22 AM

Acklins in November/December

Three friends and myself are looking at doing a trip to Acklins for two weeks. I've always done my fishing in the Bahamas in late Feb, and Mar. A couple of the guys want to go the end of Nov, the beginning Dec.

What can we expect that time of the year in terms of fishing and weather?

Are cloudy or cold or windy conditions more likely then than in the Spring?

Thanks

Willi
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2012, 11:48 AM

Acklins

I would go in the fall there is a chance of storms but the fishing is good,a down side might be shorter days but with two weeks you should do well.If your into DYI look into Salinas Point,great spot.There's a guy on this site Flatsfisher that goes in the fall he might have some suggestions.Give me a shout if I can help.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:31 PM

Hi Mack, Yeah I think we met at Salinas and that was a November trip. As I recall the weather was pretty good and fishing was good. Did'nt you guys have a big day out at the Fish cays?

I like fishing the fall as there's usually less competition. I don't think there's much of a difference in the weather between Nov/Dec and March/April. I've been there in late March and hit cold fronts and been there in Nov. and hit the same. Last Dec was'nt too good when we were there. On a two week trip you should get your share of good days. If you are going to be guided they can usually get you to fish.

I was at Greys pt a few years back where the wind blew hard for the whole week I really had a tough time with the kayaks, but 2 guys who were guided did well for the entire week.

Charlie
Old 04-10-2012, 04:59 PM
*** FORUM SPONSOR ***

Location: Western New York Steelhead, Bahamas Bonefish, Wild Western Trout
Like Charlie says, there is usually less competition in the Fall, and the weather should be nice.

We just hosted two weeks on Acklins from March 17-24 & 24-31, and there were few other anglers around. In two weeks of fishing the guys only saw another angler 2x, and it never resulted in any problems.

The fishing was very good too. I'll be posting a report with pics on the site very soon.

We stay at Ivels, which is first rate, and they have a new chef (originally from Acklins who moved back with his Family), who is supposed to be fantastic!

http://www.ccoflyfishing.com/acklins...espricing.html

I know some of the other members here have stayed there also, and others are scheduled to go this year too.
God does not deduct from man's alloted time the hours spent fishing.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:37 AM

Ah!! Good fishing and good food, throw in a couple of Kaliks and it sounds very tempting Vince.

Charlie

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.