RI, Friday Arrivals - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-17-2000, 01:26 PM

RI, Friday Arrivals

Who's going to be down RI on Friday? I'm taking a half day off from work & should be in the area by 15:00. I don't have sleeping arrangements yet, so I wanted to know what others were doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2000, 03:58 PM

RE:RI, Friday Arrivals

Funny you should mention that. I was considering heading down there Friday evening as well and sleeping in my car (or wife's minivan if I can leverage that).

I'll be doing it only if the weather and tides cooperate for fishing.
Old 10-17-2000, 04:20 PM

Hey Guys,
I too would love to come down after work on Friday.: Anyone
A.) Interested in getting a camping site (tents or cabins)
B.) Would someone mind jotting down the directions from Boston to Burlingame I didn't find them on the sign up area.
Thanx.
You can e-mail me @ bzinck@lifespan.org
Old 10-17-2000, 04:23 PM

Cabin doesn't sound like a bad idea - is this doable? Otherwise I might just grab a motel room - just don't like driving at 3-4AM with drunks&jerks.
Old 10-17-2000, 05:48 PM
_

Hey Mike, Is that any way to talk about your fellow fishermen?

Re: the cabins at Burlingame, you are supposed to make reservations at least 14 days in advance, but I'm sure they'll rent an empty cabin if they have one. Here's the URL for the web page. It has phone numbers, travel directions, campground map, etc.

<a href="http://www.riparks.com/burlgmcamp.htm" target="_blank"><!--auto-->http://www.riparks.com/burlgmcamp.htm</a><!--auto-->

BTW, can someone explain how to make a URL appear as a link? I tried copying the source code from another post that had a link in it, but I couldn't seem to make it work in this one. Thanks.

Addition: Fixed it, thanks Grego. Instructions? Oh yeah. Duh. Boy do I feel stoopid!
Old 10-17-2000, 06:38 PM

Quentin,

Click the botton of the little "book" at the top of the page. The online help will tell you how.
Old 10-17-2000, 07:02 PM

I'll be heading down Friday, arriving 2ish. Chuck and Dana are also going to be there some time Friday. Can't wait.
Old 10-17-2000, 08:23 PM
i'm so outta here

Jen and I will be arriving late Friday since we need to drop off the little one on the Cape with Grandma. This is unfortunate, because socializing the night before is an important ingredient in the clave ritual and I will miss it.

Let's plan on staying in touch via cell phone Sat. morning. Anyone need a wake up call? It probably makes most sense to proceed directly to the boat launches rather than try to meet up in any one spot (email me if you're unclear on where to go and when). Shore crews might want to all start out at Quonny and soak up some of Art's 58+ years of experience and wisdom.

There will be two shore teams and two boat teams and one quasi-shore/boat team in the morning Saturday. I've spoken to Jim and Chuck at work about spots to try (Trust Art, not me . Art, Quentin and Jen will start at Quonny and then ??. Mike, Brian(?), and I may do an incursion to the backwaters of Little Narraganset Bay or will be somewhere close to shore on Napatree. Tim.... Tim, I haven't heard from you. Everything copa?

Jared will be around with his Yak.

We fish together enough that we sort of take it for granted that we'll all meet up at some point. For those who are clave virgins how about if we agree to tie something red - ribbon, hankerchief, dog toy, anything - to the passenger side mirror on our cars?

I'd like to devise a buddy chain for the cell phones for Sunday morning. We can work it out around the campfire Saturday evening. I'm bringing my tieing kit.

Counting the minutes!

al
Old 10-17-2000, 10:25 PM

Send a message via ICQ to tomd

hopefully, I'll be joining Jarred doing the explorer/pungo thing only I'll be the one in the tan explorer with the yellow yak. that is if my wife can cut me loose for a day. here's hoping! Tom D
Old 10-18-2000, 05:34 AM

I have got to get down there either Thursday, or Friday to check on several things. One thing is what kind of surf can we expect for the weekend, with Mike running around offshore, I am guessing that the surf is going to be up. Also if the albies are still around. I like the last two hours of the outgoing at the mouths of the breachways for Albies. Hoping to meet a few of you this weekend. I am leaving my yak home I am not going to have room on my blazer. For you going if you see a off silver Blazer with a blue RIMS plate 718 lay down in front of it , and I will be sure to stop.
Old 10-18-2000, 08:03 AM

At this point it's looking like Sully and I will either arrive Friday night real late and stay at a friends farm about 5 mins from the West Wall, or show up at dawn Sat. We will be starting at the Wall and working the breachways westward. We will meet up and talk by cell, stay for dinner and then head home. Therefore, I will whip up a Salsa and send my gas pipe with Grego. Don't worry about us latecomers and boats or anything like that. Clave on!

TerryW
Old 10-18-2000, 01:38 PM
Recent Member

We will be there hopefully by 06:00 and scoping it out. Will try and catch some bait for the Friday Night tying jam. When you get in the area call me on my cell phone 617-877-8241 hopefully we can tell you where it's happening!
Chuck
Old 10-19-2000, 10:27 AM

Been too busy to call about a cabin - has anyone arranged something yet? Is there a roster of people who will be down over tomorrow night?

I've never fished this area and would like some idea of where to head tomorrow.
Old 10-19-2000, 10:42 AM

Yo Mike, (and everyone)
If you go night fishing at any of these so called "breachways" (which are just 2 jettys emptying saltwater ponds) be very careful. On some of them, if you fall in you're out to sea, literally. Very dangerous currents. Try the beaches beside the jettys also for safer conditions. Bait gets pinned in there sometimes. It is advised to look at the current and surf conditions first wherever you go down there. See ya down there.

TerryW
Old 10-19-2000, 12:21 PM

Thanks for the tip! Personally, I never go on jetty's just for that reason, esp. when there's so much beach in the area.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.