RI South Coast - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-22-2000, 09:16 PM

RI South Coast

Caught 1 False Albacore at the softside of Quonny. Sent a story about it and I got "You forgot your nickname" I t appears to happen if I get long winded and try to give information. I won't put a report about the areas I went to on another board.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2000, 09:47 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

RE:RI South Coast

Art -

Congrats on the albie, glad to see you're back on 'em again.

I am really sorry to hear about these problems. That error message usually means your internet connection was lost during the message. I've gotten it too when I used NetZero (free ISP) because they will suddenly drop the internet connection or it will time out from idle time (they consider it idle while we are typing in words because they only count traffic to/from the net).

Who is your ISP?

In the future, you might type it somewhere like Notepad, Works, Word, or even email... then copy and paste all the words into this message box. That will cut the time to get the message into the box down to a couple of seconds, when it appears you do not have problems posting.

So are the tunoids running wild on the Rhody shore by now?
Old 09-23-2000, 05:48 AM

Juro, My provider is fastdial.net It happened again this mornig, I tried giving a report and it again asked for my nickname. There has been F/A's along the RI south coast for 2 weeks. It should be good come Oct 21 &22, is it still on? I will try to get 2 boats if boats are wanted, or is it going to be strictly from the shore? I would send e-mail, but you must get a lot of it as I don't hear when I do. I don't mind posting , but I guess I am not computer savy, rather be fishing.
Old 09-23-2000, 07:01 AM
i'm so outta here

Art - first off, thanks for the report! I'd rather be fishing, too Picked up a near legal this morning near Mass Maratime Academy.

I've found it doesn't complain about my nickname if I check off the little box next to "Remember my password" -- you see this just below the place where you enter your password. Without doing this, and after a set amount of time, what's called a cookie -- a small chunk of informatuion that is temporarily stored in your computer's memory -- expires and your post cannot go through.

Checking the Remember box forces the page to store a key within the posting form itself that unlocks your account when you submit it even if your connection has been dropped or you've become "long winded"

Hope this helps.

TL,

Al
Old 09-23-2000, 07:32 AM

Thanks Al for the info. Yes things are looking up on the South Shore of RI. I didn't mention it before, but it appeared that there was Albacore in with the False Albacore as they were much larger, maybe 15 to 20 lbs. I am trying this post on my other computer with a different provider.
Old 09-25-2000, 11:31 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Did I hear what I thought I heard? 15-20 lb albies???

WOW! Can you imagine on a fly rod...

Art, I'd be anxious to hear any updates on the situation.

We will begin planning for Rhodyfest immediately. Art, thanks for your reports and we will be talking a lot over the next few weeks to pull this together.

thanks in advance, and email me with your phone # at either juro@flyfishingforum.com, jmukai@lycos.com I think it might be easier to talk on the phone.

thanks!

Juro
Old 09-25-2000, 12:02 PM

Art,
Thanks for the reports & glad to hear you're back on the water. I have 10/21-10/22 pencilled in for RI, we'll see what develops. Regards, GregO.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.