draws gaspe - Fly Fishing Forum
Classic Atlantic Salmon No pursuit rivals salmon rivers, flies & legacy

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-05-2011, 03:03 AM

draws gaspe

good morning,

this is the second year without a chance to get water over the draws at the bonaventure and the petite.

are there new regulations for non residents there?

wondering, wondering

chris
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2011, 03:34 PM

The draw results for the St Jean, Dartmouth and York were absolutely stacked with residents this year. I'd be amazed if the entrant ticket numbers were that skewed.
Personally, I wish the process were more transparent. We (salmon anglers) pay a lot of money for those draw tickets, and like provincial money lotteries, they should be regulated and audited, and the stats should be available to show that they are fair.

Just my 2c.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismeyer
good morning,

this is the second year without a chance to get water over the draws at the bonaventure and the petite.

are there new regulations for non residents there?

wondering, wondering

chris
Old 11-06-2011, 10:50 AM

Location: Many. From NE salt, Russia, Canadian A Salmon, NW Steelhead, Bahamas, Keys. Live in Upstate NY
My group didn't do very well either. But I think it's because this year was so outstanding, that the number of applications was way, way up.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:28 PM
Venture

Send a message via ICQ to Venture
I went 2 for 3 on the draws this year. Missed on the Bonnie and had traction on the York and G. Cascapedia. I applied as a non-resident.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:56 AM

morning howie,

at the grand c. you went for the branches or the mainwater?
i think branches are not that much popular and good to get. with or without draws.

c
Old 11-08-2011, 06:17 PM
Venture

Hi Chris,

I went for the main water on the GC. Never fished the big water and always wanted to. Fished both branches a few years back. Loved the Salmon Branch especially the Indian Brook Pool.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:24 AM

To be up front, I did hit in 2/3 draws this year, and I'm not a resident. I've usually done ok over the years. The number of tickets was up this year for sure.
I'd just like the draws to incorporate some updates like emailing you a receipt at the time of registration - the web entry form works like the code was written by a high school student in the 90's, making the stats public, making it possible to ensure that you're registered if you mailed in your tickets by checking online, etc. Move the whole process into the modern era.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:49 AM
Venture

Your point is very valid. The Cascapedia Zec does send you a confirmation but the Gaspe Zec does not.
Old 11-12-2011, 11:28 AM

There is no regulation about non-resident...and in fact, resident were not more lucky. Juste around me (me and 6 or 7 friends), for about 3000$ cards, we all did not get a total of more than 3 or 4 valuable rank, plus maybe 2 or 3 which will not generate any reservation because date will not be interesting.

Basicaly, every year, some people who win in the winter draw arrive on the river and are faced to bad condition. So they say "Never again in winter draw", When the fall come, half of them don't come back in the draw, the other come back with lfew cards. So everyyear, we see new anglers who arrive, and see older anglers who quit. But this years, we had prime time condition all summer long, so nonbody left, and most double their card number. With the result we see.

Personaly, it was my worst draw since many many years. Hopefully, some friens has little chance and remembered I already invited them
Old 11-12-2011, 01:27 PM

hallo salar36,

i'm not happy to hear that you did not good, but it is good ro read that there is no different way bettween residents and others.

for me it is not so bad cause there is a good chance in the spring draws for the petite and when i come in september most of the public water at the bonnie is not so busy in this time.

thanks for response

chris
Old 11-12-2011, 03:37 PM
*** FORUM SPONSOR ***

Location: York-Dartmouth-St-Jean-Cap-Chat-Madeleine-Pabos-Grande-Rivière
Just my $ 0.02

- A 2 angler reserve sector is always interesting, but not necessarily always productive.
- A 4-6 or 8 angler reserve sector is great too, but if the fish are holding in one or two pools, there is a good chance you’ll be fishing in rotation.

This last season on the York River, we landed more fish on the Open waters than on the reserve sectors, and actually cancelled reserve waters to fish open.

Not one year is the same.

Your draws could be good for one year and poor the next year.

But there is always water available to cast over and enter you in “relax “mode !

Happy 2012 fishing!

Ann

Last edited by QuebecSporting; 11-12-2011 at 03:48 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.