Hawaii ohau bonefishing - finally - Fly Fishing Forum
Bonefish, Tarpon, and other Obsessions Turquoise water, silver demons on the fly

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-25-2011, 06:17 PM
Bruce

Hawaii ohau bonefishing - finally

Managed to get this one on a flat outside of Hololulu. two screaming runs into my backing... I wa really pumped to get this one in hand. Constant trade winds makes sight fishing difficult as the water is choppy. Afternoon clouds don't help either.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2011, 11:08 PM
Flats Rat

Awesome Bruce.

We were there a couple of weeks back - mostly on Kauai.

One day I'll finagle an extra day to check out the Oahu flats - they do look good during take-off and landing at HNL
Old 11-01-2011, 09:46 PM
Bruce

let me know when you get close. I'll get you what I know. It is tough fishing...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2011, 10:32 PM

Send a message via AIM to teflon_jones Send a message via Yahoo to teflon_jones
That looks like a pretty decent bone, but it's hard to tell. How much did it weigh?

I've never been to Hawaii but when I finally make it I'll be sure to chase some bones! My company gives award trips for making big sales targets, and I might be on the list for this year or next if I keep my sales as high as they've been.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.