Lower Cape Mon.& Tues. - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-18-2011, 08:58 PM

Lower Cape Mon.& Tues.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PA170006.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	7201Monday am southside-I arrived at the bottom of the tide and found a few small fish,as the tide started to come in things picked up and the fish hit well for an hour or so until the wind and tide pushed in enough weeds to make it unfishable.
I headed to PB to find a big feed going on behind Strong Is. I watched and tried when the tide slowed down and soon had a small fish and ten minutes later another only to see my backing disappear fast so I cranked down on the Galvan and snap and up comes this black head with a bass about 100yds. out.I watched from the beach for about an hour and saw a dozen seals work the school and take several fish,the school was mixed bass and YED. The wind remained strong so I quit for the day.
Tues, am-I went to CCB and immediately got into a huge surface feed and had about two hours of non-stop action.The fish were all in the24"- 28" range and appeared to feeding on sandeels and silversides and it kept steady until the tide went flat.The fish were driving the bait on the beach and the gulls were having a feast.
I also saw a large blitz out about a half -mile and the Gannetts were putting on a real show(impressive).I guess the Fall is fast approaching as I saw many Brant passing in big groups.I've been doing this for a long time (50yrs.) and it never gets old.I hope this storm doesn't put an end to it because I'm not ready for the Fat Lady just yet,get out and enjoy yourself while you can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2011, 07:59 AM

awesome! Way to go! It's cool that you got them on the incoming on the southside. I usually aim to fish the outgoing there.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:17 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

I'm all over it this weekend!
and Founder, Worldwide Flyfishing Forum
Old 10-19-2011, 07:04 PM

Great report.After a month of crazy non stop derby fishing I have been on a few day break but I'm about ready.Thanks for the push.Derby albie fishing this year was awesome.I love those fish.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:44 PM

Encouraging report, particularly since I'll be fishing the Elizabeth Islands from tonight through Saturday morning

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.