Fishing with Mike - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-09-2011, 07:09 AM

Fishing with Mike

Nauset bar.

Mike in his element.
Jon
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2011, 07:33 AM

great picture!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2011, 12:13 PM

Ditto!!! great pic Jon. I only met you once and you appeared to be very credible....thus I will accept that pic is of Mike and not Jesus
Thanks again for the great time Monday!
Ron
Old 06-09-2011, 04:48 PM
mike oliver

JonC,

Thank you so much for a brilliant mornings fishing in the marshes and outer beach at Nauset. The fantastic pic above brings it all back. I just love water like that on the bar full of energy and power. It was such a contrast to the subtle water on the inside flats adjacent to the fast running channels.
I did get to spot two fish plus the pod you pointed out on top of a central bar.
Your fish was great caught sight casting and from where I was standing looked well over 30 inches.
I learned an awful lot from you Jon, you are a great Fisher who also shares the same insatiable passion I have for this sport. Good to meet Don and Oliver to. Please pass on my regards.

Mike.

PS I skunked but it did not feel that way. Totally captivating fishing with adrenalin flowing wildly around the system.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:28 PM

Thanks Mike and everyone, I had a great day and the picture was basically luck, the water on that bar was just a spectacular sight.
Jon
Old 06-09-2011, 07:14 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Thumbs up

Awesome picture - exhilarating
and Founder, Worldwide Flyfishing Forum
Old 06-09-2011, 08:03 PM

Thanks J
Jon
Old 06-09-2011, 09:51 PM

Mike, regardless of how the 'catching' turns out you have one Fantastic Picture of you fishing. That picture with the roiling waters over the bar, exemplifies your passion for fishing. Jon, that picture will become the classic example of a "Dedicated Salt Water Fly Fisherman at his best". Thank you for sharing it with us.

Pete Readel
PopnesetBay
Old 06-10-2011, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Oliver
JonC,

Thank you so much for a brilliant mornings fishing in the marshes and outer beach at Nauset. The fantastic pic above brings it all back. I just love water like that on the bar full of energy and power. It was such a contrast to the subtle water on the inside flats adjacent to the fast running channels.
I did get to spot two fish plus the pod you pointed out on top of a central bar.
Your fish was great caught sight casting and from where I was standing looked well over 30 inches.
I learned an awful lot from you Jon, you are a great Fisher who also shares the same insatiable passion I have for this sport. Good to meet Don and Oliver to. Please pass on my regards.

Mike.

PS I skunked but it did not feel that way. Totally captivating fishing with adrenalin flowing wildly around the system.
Even getting SKUNKED doesn't deter you from a great day.Great Shot!
Old 06-11-2011, 05:31 PM
Bruce

Jon,

just an awesome picture... Captures the moment and emotion!

Mike - great form. I can feel the rod pulsing in my arm just from the pic.

I had a great few days on the cape and met some really great fishers, including a few brits and some folks from the forum.

fishing was tough for me as well. I got to see some nice fish, broke a nice one off, and caught a few small ones. It appears from the pic that Mike and I were fishing the same spot, just different times. Mike, the place in the pic will force me to a wet suit as you are wearing. good call! I got soaking wet from a rogue wave ... But...I learned so much this trip....

my best catch was me... burying a hook up to the shank in my arm... nice medical center in harwich. I have the honor of being the first of the year for them
Old 06-11-2011, 10:54 PM
mike oliver

Bruce.

In that pic I am in std chest waders. I got soaked as I took waves over the top.
If I had known we would be fishing the outside then I would have had my wet suit on. I have used it most days except for a couple of Rip Trips. It is invaluable on the flats and the ocean beaches. I just can't understand why more Guys do not wear them.

Mike

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.