Fly Fishing Forum banner

Pods Galore...

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  juro 
#1 ·
No, it's not 007s seductress in the upcoming feature "Stripers are Forever"... it's what I saw during a brief visit to a south side beach during lunch break. Waves of bait and groups of bass moving intently from right to left... and me without a rod in the jeep! Good thing I needed to get back to work or the weekend wouldn't be free to exploit the migration in full swing!

A couple weeks late, as many suspected - it's going guns right now.

#3 ·
One tip for those giving it a try casting a few feet off to the left or right, or stripping too early and you will not hook up despite possibly hundreds of fish in a group.

They have one thing on their mind... just like a marathon runner, you have to have your cup of water right where they can take it without breaking stride.

#6 ·
Went back in the afternoon, ran into some familiar faces - incredible amounts of bait moving in, and JimS and Craig got into some nice fish when they passed through. I got some schoolies in pods, but maybe 1 out of 50 sightings were bass and the other 49 sand eel bait balls.

Fish were still busting out around 200 yards occasionally, if a good push ever moves in there will be mayhem with all this bait.

The guys doing the rip trip might hit the perfect storm of bait, bass and tide... anxious to read the reports. I'm back in Boston attending to business and birthdays.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.