Spring clave cell phone list? - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-17-2011, 09:52 PM
_

Spring clave cell phone list?

Who is collecting and distributing cell phone numbers for the spring clave cell phone list?

Q
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2011, 06:28 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

You are

If you can, otherwise I will have to juggle it after work - back in Boston into meetings starting 8a... up for air later.
and Founder, Worldwide Flyfishing Forum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2011, 11:29 AM
_

No Problem!

Anyone who wants to be on the cell phone list for the Spring Striper Clave please send the following by Private Message:

Cell phone #, Forum user name, real name (optional), the dates you will be attending the clave, and the latest date/time you will have access to private messages.

I will make a list of the names, numbers and dates of attendance as I get them, and I'll send replies with a copy the current list prior to the last time you indicate that you will have access to PM.

If anyone has suggestions for additional info that should be on the list please feel free to chime in.

Quentin
Old 05-18-2011, 11:49 AM

Most probably have access to email via cell phones as well. I would include email addresses.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:07 PM
_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gseries69
Most probably have access to email via cell phones as well. I would include email addresses.
I can do that. If you want to have your email address on the list just send it with the rest of your info.

BTW -- I'm planning to head to the Cape very early Saturday morning. I'm planning to do my last update/distribution around 9:00pm Friday night so try to get your info to me by then, however, I will check for new PMs just before I depart and will do another update if necessary.

Q
Old 05-18-2011, 06:07 PM

Q - you're the man. We should all drop a fly in your box as a gesture of thanks at the clave.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:11 PM
_

Quote:
Originally Posted by juro
Q - you're the man. We should all drop a fly in your box as a gesture of thanks at the clave.
Thanks Juro -- but before anyone gets too grateful or generous, please let me clarify that I am only collecting and distributing the cell phone info. I'm not the guy who will take the calls and distribute the info when the fishing begins. As much as I'd like to be the hero with the intel, I simply do not have the capability to take on that role. OK, I admit it . . . my cell provider is AT&T . I don't remember if they have the blue map or the red map on the TV ads, but it is definitely the map that has all the gaps in coverage. Even if I could expect to have a signal at any given time, my phone will be in in a zip-loc in my fishing bag and there is no chance that I will get to it before voice-mail kicked in, if I could even hear it in the first place. I will check for messages periodically (especially if I'm not catching anything ) and will call the people on the list if I find some good action. I will also pass along info that is provided to me, but it probably will not be real-time data.

If anyone would like to be the info dispatcher (and worthy recipient of fly contributions), please let me know and I will make a note of that when I distribute the cell phone lists.

Q
Old 05-18-2011, 07:18 PM

Understood - the fly gesture is just for collecting the numbers.

The way it's worked in the past, people call for two reasons...

1) to see if anyone is doing well because they aren't crossing paths with migrating fish. Fish are moving fast right now so it's catch as catch can.

2) to let others know they are finding lots of fish and it seems like it will continue. Usually those who they talk to at the dinner, or have received calls from earlier when you didn't have any news to offer.

The calling has never gotten out of hand, and there is no dispatch, it's just a wild card in the pocket.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:34 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to sickb4st4rd
Quote:
Originally Posted by juro
patch, it's just a wild card in the pocket.
Well thanks to Quentin and Juro both for explaining the process, didn't realize it was this casual so, when i get the list from Quentin, I'll create an SMS distribution list and if we run into fish as the day(s) go on I'll be sending SMSs out to the group from whereever we might be!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.