Why aint you fishin? - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-04-2011, 10:35 PM

Why aint you fishin?

I don't get it, only a few of you are fishin for stipa's. We have been sittin out here in cold, snowy and rainy weather of Oregon thinkun about the stripa's you guys have on the south side and hardly any reports. Fred, you been workin for the man long enough to take a couple days off. Hey maybe you don't know where to fish on the south side. Any way you look at it I wish I was back on the cape fishing with you all. That's if you all get off your butts and go.
Good luck on the fishing year
OC
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2011, 06:56 AM
Middle Aged Member

Fell behind on winter/spring honey do list but next weekend should find me looking for striped ones, at least in the early am. Being dragged down to NYC this weekend which breaks my rules about being off cape after the 1st of May. Still in turmoil at the cape house. Donna's heading down now to meet with the hardwood floor refinisher and tree work will probably commence this weekend. Still trying to resolve the fix up to sell ($) or fix up to live in ($$$) issue. What's this all got to do with fishing? Lining up the ducks so I can fish at will...retirement.

How's the new house coming?
Old 05-05-2011, 11:32 PM

Fair enough Fred, I'll let it all go this time. I'm just envious of all our friends who could be fishing stripas on the first run of the year. Every year at this time I read "The Shining Tides." All about the first bass of the year entering Buzzards Bay and of Rocus the 125 pound stripa and the chicks, the portagee, priests and ww2 war veterans as fishing guides in 1948. Great book if you can find it.
Fishing out here is a no for me with track and field taking up 6 hours a day, The house takes up the rest of the time and it is going well, foundation up.
Later
Steve
Old 05-06-2011, 04:57 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Steve - I will do my best to live up to your expectations on the water now that I am back from a week of bonefishing debauchery.

Everyone - please understand that means I will live up to NO expectations relating to this website while I am working hard to maintain our nor'eastern angler reputation! That and the dishes and laundry too.

(well I'm serious in a way - some of the member expectations have been a bit unrealistic but we're course correcting now)
and Founder, Worldwide Flyfishing Forum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.