Paradise! - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-16-2000, 06:21 AM

Paradise!

Nothing better than hitting Chatham in the wee hours of the morning with no big expectations! The day started out with: a great sunrise, incredible temperatures, Juro casting his two-handed rod to Europe, and BigCat and John fishing the sand-bar hole with eagerness. Nice fish were taken between the 15-25" range with a very soft touch by our finned friends! Heading out to pick up my jacket @ the beach, Juro and others had thoughts of food on their mind (which didn't sound to bad either!). With those few last casts, I was able to hook a nice healthy 30-31" striper with great shoulders. Great fight and even better release!
Thanx for sharing guys. It will be one to think about this winter. Cathy will finally believe a story, thanx to pictures taken.
BrianZ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2000, 09:54 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

RE:Paradise!

Congrats Brian! The last two times we've fished the same water you've gone over the 30" mark. What a great season. I had a couple hard take downs in that stretch but ended up playing with fatties down the way. Some really took the drag, getting close to last year's legits but no big girls.

This time of year I am reminded of just how lucky we, just looking around at the scenery alone. We had a guest, Nate Mantua, from Seattle who was getting a fresh look at our hang outs and his reflection on things intensified my outlook that much more. And the weather!

Happy birthday to John and Al!

John - very special thanks to you and Mary for the hospitality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.