For Sale: 12' Outlaw Avenger drift/flats craft - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-07-2011, 08:03 AM

For Sale: NorthFork Outlaw X5/Avenger/Outfitter drift/flats craft

For sale: Outlaw X5/Avenger/Outfitter – great for DRIFTS or FLATS!

I am putting my 1-man flats machine up for sale: a 2009 North Fork Outdoors Outlaw Avenger. This premium pontoon craft has been set up for flats fishing with a 4-hp Suzuki 4-stroke, double floor platforms, raised pedestal seat, leaning post and motor mount. After years of kayaking, I wanted a craft that would allow me to comfortably stand up and sight-fish the many flats around Cape Cod. Unlike a kayak, this raft provides a stable fishing platform. The aluminum floor is raised above water level to provide an excellent vantage point. The entire rig (unloaded) is about 75# and can be loaded on a car/suv roof rack by one person. Alternatively, it would probably fit in the bed of a full size pickup or disassembled for transport. It’s light enough to launch from the beach or any ramp.

This craft has opened up lots of new water that was previously out of reach by kayak or on foot. Because I am not hindered by tide phase for wading, I can spend the whole day sight fishing, even in 4-5 feet of water with good visibility. It's a great estuary boat. The pedestal seat is comfortable and raised enough to cast from while sitting, if desired.

Because the raft has additional platform under the seat, I can carry plenty of gear. I typically carry the 3 gallon fuel tank (more than enough to run all day long) a stripping basket and 2.5# anchor under the seat. The rear storage platform has enough room for a dry bag containing safety gear, rain jacket, gps and food/water. There is also enough room for a small cooler and the broken-down oars (in case of emergency).

The raft has a bunch of extras including a brand new Outlaw Outfitter pontoon (perfect for running a 2 man float, still in the box), smaller Outlaw X5 Pontoon (used 2 times) and the current Avenger pontoon which has been patched a number of times. All 3 are interchangeable with the current frame. I also have an additional frame which converts to the boat to a 2-man drift boat, including brand new seat. 2 nice removable tackle bags are included for rigged rod storage, extra reel, flies, sunscreen, etc (1 is brand new, never used). The total value of everything included is well over $2500.

The raft is a very capable drift boat when rigged conventionally, although I have not used it for that purpose. It wil be even more capable with the Outfitter pontoon. There are various pics and videos demonstrating the Avengers’ versatility rigged both conventionally and switch, along with specs on the North Fork Outdoors website.

Everything needed to get started is included:
• 2009 Outlaw Avenger with additional floor platform BLUE
• Brand new Outlaw Outfitter Pontoon BLUE
• Outlaw X5 pontoon (used twice) RED
• Hand pump w/fitting for pontoon valves
• Forward frame/new seat for 2-man conversion (both brand new)
• Motor mount
• 2 tackle bags (1 unused)
• 2-pc oars with stops and oarlocks
• Patch kit, spare cam straps, spare cotter pins, etc…

There are a few cosmetic blemishes: chips in the powder coat, light corrosion on some cotter pins, around the wing nuts under the seat, etc. The boat also has a padded leaning post which is slightly bent but functional and covered by NFO warranty. Functionally, the boat is perfect.

Boat Price: $1,500 OBO

I'm also selling a 2-year old Thule roof rack with Crossroad feet, extra wide 78 load bars and outrigger retractable arms. Set up specifically for car-topping this boat.

Rack Price: $300 with the purchase of the raft.

I am also selling the 4hp Suzuki 4-stroke with very low hours – contact me directly for more info.

Everything located in Acton, MA

Call me at 781.588.2987 email dsurdel AT wiley DOT com if interested.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	raft resize.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	7105   Click image for larger version

Name:	CRresize.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	7106   Click image for larger version

Name:	Avenger Cartop.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	7107  

Last edited by BigDave; 03-20-2011 at 10:25 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2011, 09:22 AM
Fly chucker

That looks like a great rig. I hope somebody takes advantage of your sale and gets it.

Are you upgrading?
Old 03-08-2011, 11:06 AM

Yes - taking the plunge on a much larger boat.

Between the boat, kayak, float tube, etc there is only so much room in the garage. I'm hoping I will actually be able to park my car in there someday!
Old 03-08-2011, 11:15 AM
Fly chucker

Well then that's a good reason to sell. Good on you!
Old 03-15-2011, 04:28 PM
believer in the 10 oz.

That rig is pretty cool...I could see that as an answer to a number of different angling situations. If I didnt have the JB23 and an 18 foot jon boat outside my door I would be tempted.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:12 AM

Not to steal a thread but how do you like that Jones Fishboy? A friend of mine has been considering one for the Chesapeake. It's such a pretty boat and so awesome for flyfishing but do you find that the 12 degrees of deadrise and light hull weight make it less boat in the rough stuff? I've heard if she's tabbed down she does pretty well.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:34 AM

Update: I took everything out of the boxes for spring inventory and discovered the new pontoon is actually an Outlaw Outfitter which is NorthFork's top of the line offering. The Outfitter is a $3K + boat FYI. Great for buzzing over to Monomoy/South beach from Barn Hil. Or check out the flats around the new cut in Pleasant Bay from one of the many primitive launches around Chatham. I have had great days at Brewster with this boat - far away from the overcrowded marginal areas you can reach on foot. New pics below!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1 Man Frame RT.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	7115   Click image for larger version

Name:	2 man frame RT.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	7116   Click image for larger version

Name:	New Outfitter Tube RT.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	7117   Click image for larger version

Name:	Frame Connection RT.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	7118  
Old 03-25-2011, 05:45 PM

Boat is sold. Thule racks and Suzuki 4hp 4-stroke still for sale...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.