October 7 & 8 - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-17-2000, 08:46 AM
President of CAC

October 7 & 8

I noticed a large so-called Jamboree on this date starting out of Wellfleet and fishing the outer coast of the Cape. Does anyone have info on this and are any of you guys attending or is Juro or anyone planning something on that date elsewhere. I was just wondering if any of you had the lowdown on this and are any of you who made the Rip trip planning on doing this. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2000, 09:04 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

RE:October 7 & 8

John -

I think you are referring to Jeff's Columbus Day outing. I hope to stop by for sure. It's a great opportunity to meet people from other forums, in fact we were initially discussing the Boneclave as an all-for-one clave but since planning was done in a matter of days I agreed with the general opinion here that we should keep it simple (in retrospect I am glad we did, it was hard enough as it was!).

I think it's a surf fishing get together, not specifically fly fishing for those who are into both. There is a barbeque planned, and a few people are camping. I'll drop by over on Jeff's later today to get the latest scoop. If the dates and schedule work out for me I'll drop in. Although the URL for Jeff's site is flyfishsaltwaters.com, it's a bait and gear fisherman's site as well as SWFF and has a large membership of locals. Many members frequent both sites... including me!

Let me know if you're going, maybe we can hook up before at the light

Juro
Old 09-17-2000, 09:08 AM
President of CAC

Thanks Juro... good info.. Yes lets plan to meet at the light house if possible. I will be down the night before and if you are also please give a call or drop by.
Old 09-17-2000, 09:35 AM

John -

I checked it out... sounds like a great opportunity to meet people we've all corresponded with when there was only Reel-time, then kept in touch as we've moved on to bigger and better things. I especially like the CCA cooperation part. I am uncertain whether I can make it or not but the barbeque sounds like a great time, the afternoon / evening surf fishing sounds great but an all-nighter's not in the cards for me.

I have a few charters to squeeze in before the season's gone and I hope I can keep the date open without conflicts.

Anyone else have that weekend open?
Old 09-17-2000, 11:09 AM
President of CAC

Juro, I will check with my wife (If she is going down). But you or others can use my place as a stay if you want. I will confirm... can put up about eight, maybe more and if anyone wants to camp there is always the yard.
Old 09-17-2000, 01:31 PM
i'm so outta here

I will definitely put in an appearance at Jeff's Jamborie. I have some family stuff I need to attend to on Sat. morning, but I'll have a peek at the schedule and may participate in some of night fishing activities. (Terry, how do those crickets sound again?). Hope to see and fish with more of you.

Al
Old 09-17-2000, 04:23 PM

I'm thinking about tagging along.

John - any room at the Inn if we run late?

Roop
Old 09-17-2000, 05:20 PM
President of CAC

The Chatham Anglers Club will be open that weekend Roop. I will confirm in a week, but I will be down and if my family is not the place will be open.
Old 09-18-2000, 09:10 AM

I am almost definately in. I love to fish the outer beaches later in the season. It's not crowded, the scenery on the beaches is among the best in NE., & usually the fishing is good (and sometimes great). Please post any details that anyone finds out. I have not scene an official signup sheet on the other board & I have no idea how they plan to work it? GregO.
Old 09-18-2000, 09:16 AM

Registration Information is here:
http://www.flyfishsaltwaters.com/jamboree.htm
Old 09-18-2000, 09:25 AM
i'm so outta here

<!--http--><a href="http://www.flyfishsaltwaters.com/jamboree.htm" target="_blank">http://www.flyfishsaltwaters.com/jamboree.htm</a><!--url-->

<!--http--><a href="http://www.flyfishsaltwaters.com/jamboree.htm" target="_blank">clickable registration</a><!--url-->
Old 09-18-2000, 10:20 AM

Argh...sorry I won't be around guys. I got my 10th anniversary, b-day, and a host of other things to do. This one hurts to miss.

TerryW
Old 10-02-2000, 02:27 PM
President of CAC

Who will fish the outer beaches this weekend OR the Chatham Light or both? I will focus on the light house so just checking on who will try to make it do so that we might hook up.
Old 10-02-2000, 04:31 PM

I was thinking about this a little. The tides at the Light will basically be opposite of this past weeked, but I'm really not sure how important that is (what do the experts say?). However, it's still a definate option.

Last year the Northern Beaches where hot & the Southern Spots where pretty cold, but that may be completely opposite too this year. I guess we should start looking at some posts & people should just decide where to go. There is A LOT of BEACH between Chatham Light & Race Point!!!!!
Old 10-02-2000, 04:42 PM

Just to let you know, a well-known Nauset Beach shore guide out of Orleans by the name of Sean Fields (formerly of Goose Hummock, Nauset Angler) has been catching 40+" fish off the backside beaches the last couple of nights.

I suspect this is the showing of big offshore fish along the shore as often happens in the fall.

You KNOW I love the light but I just wanted to say that there are a lot of options from P-town to Monomoy!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.