New RI Website - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-12-2000, 06:13 AM

New RI Website

I hope I am doing this right, but I found this morning that Weekapaug Baitshop is now on line. Charlie has a fishing report which should be of interest even though it is not flyfishing only, because of its location, next to the Weekapaug Breachway it has a reliable fishing report of the Charlestown to Westerly area, check it out those of you that fish, or want to fish the area. Recovering from my operations. I hope to get the staples out Thursday soon as the Doc says I can drive again, I'm going fishing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2000, 06:41 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

RE:New RI Website

Art - THANKS! We all wish you a speedy recovery; glad they got you all stapled up and back in one piece. Amazing what they can do with office supplies nowadays

Now that the Boneclave is winding down, we're already thinking about Rhodyfest '2000 in October. I'm sure you'll be a regular on the breachways and beaches by then and it'll be worth it's weight in gold to have your reports and advice.

Once again get well quick and I really look forward to meeting up on the beautiful rhody coast!

take care and let's talk often,
Juro
Old 09-12-2000, 07:54 AM
Recent Member

Art,

What's the address for the web site? I'd really appreciate the information. I fish down that way fairly often, but it's a 90 minute drive so I could use some scouting reports.

Thanks,
Dave
Old 09-12-2000, 12:54 PM
Recent Member

Art,

Figured you were laid up, as I hadn't seen a post from you in a while. Here's hoping you have a speedy recovery and get back on the water ASAP. RI fishing is going to be hopping, if it isn't already.

-bd
Old 09-13-2000, 06:07 AM

Thanks for the well wishes. Sorry I didn't put the address in, I thought I did. Dave here is the address. Count me in,on a conclave,if things continue to go OK. In a few days, Sept.15, the beaches are open to vehicle traffic, with a beach permit. Weekapaug Bait and Tackle address. http://www.weekapaug.com/
Old 09-13-2000, 08:13 AM

Send a message via ICQ to tomd

get well quickly Art, those tunoids are probably calling to you. how do the beach permits work in R. I. do you just get a state permit? or is it by town? thanks, Tom D
Old 09-13-2000, 11:39 AM

Art,

Glad to hear that you are on the mend. Take it easy & give yourself time to heal. There's plenty of fishin season left. Looking forward to Rhodey 2K!
Old 09-14-2000, 07:07 AM

Juro I spent an hour sending some information, and it wasn't sent. Site error. I hate to type for an hour and have it lost in cyber space. artb
Old 09-14-2000, 08:11 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Art -

Did you type it into one of these windows? Was it email? If it's on my side I want to know so I can contact the server people.

Also, even if the 'send' doesn't work you can use the mouse to highlight the text you typed, then use the right mouse button to "copy".

Open a notepad or other editor and then "paste" it. That way even if the connection is bad you still have all your work.

Another option, if it was email, is to save it to a draft.

Art, I really hate to hear about losing out on an hour of your insight on Rhody... have you shut down or rebooted the system since you typed this all in? If not, don't - you might be able to get back to it by using the "back" button.

let us know,
Juro
Old 09-15-2000, 05:54 AM

Juro, I did send e-mail to you this morning. I did the same thing that I did to the last message, which didn't ask for a nickname. I did lose the info. This morning I went an changed my e-mail address, the board has my nickname listed correctly, but the board yesterday said I forgot my nickname, which I did not. In writting the article, I could find any place to put a nickname, other than my account. It was listed there correctly. I don't like putting this on the board, but when I send e-mail it takes a while to get an answer. I am not complaining, as I would rather go fishing also.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.