Heading to R.I. next week - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-12-2010, 02:07 PM
Bruce

Heading to R.I. next week

Leaving Tuesday evening, fishing Wed-Fri or Sat (depending on fishing). Anyone going to be around, or would like to hook up, send me a PM.

Will post a report when I get back.

Bruce
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2010, 12:17 AM
resigned

Hopefully you'll hit it just right. Really slow right now but these cooler nights will change things quickly. PM me for spots if you need help.

Phil
Old 09-14-2010, 07:12 AM

Good timing! Fishing is picking up!
Old 09-14-2010, 12:24 PM
Bruce

keeping my fingers crossed and hoping is chills. fishing the breachways during the day and backponds at night...
Old 09-14-2010, 03:20 PM
Flats Rat

Got my first two albies from shore in one of the breachways around this time of year. Definitely check them out at first light. Especially if the peanuts are in thick.
Old 09-15-2010, 05:53 AM

I'll be down in Fisher Island Sound Fri and Sat for a sailboat race/brother bonding. I plan to fish Block Island Sun morning. Report to follow.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:18 AM
resigned

Fishing is getting much better. Phil
Old 09-17-2010, 03:32 PM
Bruce

R.I report

Wednesday - Got into blitzing fish off of weekapaug beach - Bass and blues for about 2 hrs... Just a ball. Bass up to 32" and bluefish to 15 lbs. All on the incoming tide. Once the tide turned, game over...

Thursday saw spotty albie action on the Weekapaug Breachway (I say spotty since I didn't hook up ). Guy next to me landed 3, I mean RIGHT NEXT to me. After talking to him, the only difference I'm seeing is I'm using intermediate line and he is using fast sinking (ok - maybe differet flies, but come on...)... thoughts anyone Ablies weren't in big time. Maybe 4-5 shows for the incoming, but its early.

No action at Weekapaug beach on an incoming on Thursday (hey, did someone forget to tell the fish what the plan was...).

Fished Napatree from the jetty to the point and got a few shorts. Storm came soon after and that was about it for fishing.

Looked around this morning, and did a little fishing in the back pond at Napatree but nothing...

time to head home and plan the next trip.

Signed - desperately seeking an albie...
Old 09-20-2010, 07:12 AM

Block?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtloon
I'll be down in Fisher Island Sound Fri and Sat for a sailboat race/brother bonding. I plan to fish Block Island Sun morning. Report to follow.
VTLOON -

Did you fish Block, or were the Igor swells too big? Heading to Block for 3 days of fishing starting this Friday, so curious whether you got out ....
Old 09-20-2010, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalthoff
VTLOON -

Did you fish Block, or were the Igor swells too big? Heading to Block for 3 days of fishing starting this Friday, so curious whether you got out ....

Yup, fished Block Sunday am. Swells were huge..the breakers at the corner were downright scary; we could not get in anywhere near tight enough. * Fished the New Harbor entrance but no Albies or Bones around, flats were barren too and very little bait. Only fish were a couple of 2# rat-Blues (the 3rd one bit me off, big surprise) while we were gassing up (and Mud-Sliding up) Saturday night at Champlins.

* One boat tried to get in tight after we said no-way; it's now lots of little fiberglass chips. Two (very lucky) people were in the water but a rescue swimmer with fins & a rescue float got them to the town rescue boat. CG 40 and a helo were scrambled as well.

Last edited by vtloon; 09-20-2010 at 07:31 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtloon
Yup, fished Block Sunday am. Swells were huge..the breakers at the corner were downright scary; we could not get in anywhere near tight enough. * Fished the New Harbor entrance but no Albies or Bones around, flats were barren too and very little bait. Only fish were a couple of 2# rat-Blues (the 3rd one bit me off, big surprise) while we were gassing up (and Mud-Sliding up) Saturday night at Champlins.

* One boat tried to get in tight after we said no-way; it's now lots of little fiberglass chips. Two (very lucky) people were in the water but a rescue swimmer with fins & a rescue float got them to the town rescue boat. CG 40 and a helo were scrambled as well.
Yikes - I hope it calms down by Friday - thanks for the report ....
Old 09-21-2010, 09:42 AM
resigned

Water is still stained inshore this morning. Should be OK by Friday. Air temps hitting the fourties at night. Things should wake up quite nicely.

Phil

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.