anyone having luck in/stage harbor? - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-26-2010, 09:11 AM

anyone having luck in/stage harbor?

Hey,

I need to find a place to take my fiance fishing in or around stage next weekend. She loves to fly fish but doesn't like to go very far out in the boat (aka she won't come down to the rips with me). so I need to stay in the stage harbor, stage cut, bathtub area. I fish these areas a lot but usually early and late in the season so I just wanted to know if anyone had been catching. My thought was to fish the cut and the channel out to the bell buoy and along harding's mainly for blues and hope to see some bones. Thanks!

Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2010, 12:49 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Definitely blues in the area and some bass on the fast moving tides. If you station along the northermost channel off Monomoy on the moving tides with a sinking line and let the fly swing low and slow you will connect.

Another option would be to drop the boat in at Ryder Cove - the flush from the new break has kept the fishing steady through the summer dog days.

Lastly the bayside - drop in at Sesuit and head to Sandy Neck or eastward until you see fish on the flats.

The next several days should provide epic sight fishing. I would try to talk her into this weekend instead but that's just me.
and Founder, Worldwide Flyfishing Forum
Old 08-26-2010, 01:32 PM

haha not a bad idea. My boat's on a mooring in Oyster River so I can't really move her. When you say the northernmost channel off Monomoy do you mean the channel along morris island or the crib or something else? Thanks for in the info!!
Old 08-26-2010, 01:59 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Dividing Common Flats and Morris Island but I would focus on the NM side of the channel and the key is swing low, right on the sand when the current is moving. More swing than strip, just show them your fly is alive with hop here and there and that's it.

Also along the western edge I've seen hardtails popping almost every year about this time of year and there has been a LOT of bait in the corner this summer.

Of course wherever you see birds all bets are off just go there
and Founder, Worldwide Flyfishing Forum
Old 08-26-2010, 02:08 PM

Awesome thanks Juro. Yeah there's a great drop off in that channel as you head east. It would be awesome to run into some hardtails too. Thanks again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.