Rip Trip next week - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-20-2010, 08:20 AM
President of CAC

Rip Trip next week

Today's rip trip organized by Phil ( Bonefishmon) was cancelled . I just called Admiral Ed and was told it was too windy. So...although September is a good time to set some up is there any interest next week..like a thursday or Friday...or even the weekend. We can do a 6 man or 12 man. The tides were good today and I have not checked them for next week... We need and outgoing for at least half a day. I can get 6 by word of mouth but 12 would be great. Simms may also be down so he would be a definite. Just sign in here if you would like to go and the days you can make it...knowing that weather or more importantly wind is always an issue. Phil tried for two trips and failed... So if necessary I would like a shorter window... A 24 or 12 window to get the guys but will start to see if we can get numbers now. OK? I know that the boat guys seem to be doing well at the rips and with stripers not just blues and , who knows, maybe a school of bones will fly in for a brief visit. I'll wear one of my pith helmets just to embarrass everyone..it will not embarrass me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2010, 09:58 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Similar tides will cycle two weeks from now. I think I'm in Boston that second weekend though.
and Founder, Worldwide Flyfishing Forum
Old 08-20-2010, 07:21 PM
resigned

We gave it a good try. I'd like to join you but the mortgage needs to get paid this month.
I took three days off from work this week for a much needed R&R Cape fix. We were not disappointed. We found fish but not many. Thanks John for all your help and thanks to all the provided help with the fishing. It was good to see Ron, Gary and Steve and fish with them for a while. This Forum rocks! Get to the Rips if you can guys. It's a great trip.

Phil
Old 08-21-2010, 05:24 AM

John I may be able to go next week. This coming week is out. I'll keep an eye on the Board.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:55 AM

Send a message via AIM to highway61
John,

I will be able to go next saturday, but the tide will be much better the following weekend. High tide on saturday the 4th will be at 8:30am.

Steve
Old 08-21-2010, 12:10 PM
obsessive/compulsive

Send a message via AIM to jimS
John, I don't arrive on the Cape until Monday, 30 Aug. I'm in for a Rip TrIp thru beginning of Oct. How's the mung been this month?
Old 08-21-2010, 01:54 PM

Jim the mung has been spotty . It's all depends on the direction of the wind. Fishing is very slow . Too many water skiers , jet skies and boats. The only place that's been consistently good is the Canal. FishHawk
Old 08-21-2010, 02:05 PM
President of CAC

I can wait till the weekend before labor day...will want to do some in September and I will have some crews ready for some trips
Old 08-21-2010, 04:30 PM

John...Garry (Polareyes) and I are available for a Friday Rip Trip. Count us in if a trip is possible.
Ron (Paxton)
Old 08-22-2010, 06:38 PM
Bruce

I'd be interested in a rip-trip sometime in Sept. Coming from PA, I'd take a few days off and come early and "get warmed up"...
Old 08-22-2010, 07:09 PM

John...re-reading the posts....I am now not sure if you are still planning a rip trip this friday??????????????
Ron
Old 08-22-2010, 10:08 PM
President of CAC

Ron...I am still thinking about Friday..if the weather works....I would do it...I am also thinking that if the tide is not optimal...I will move the group around the corner...about a 1/2 mile right on the tip....try a new area at the point....there is another small rip and the water is basically not effected as a flow but rather just in and out tide with deep holes..but we will have to make the call probabaly Wednesday...short notice is required because of weather. Ok? Also..I have a list of guys who want to go, one guy I guided, also guys from my fishing club...Simms will be back...we may schedule the future ones by PM or email because of the lack of interest...I will schedule them usually on optimum tide and weather and they even maybe on 24 hour notice. I will be working this out with Keith to get hold of the best dates in 4eptember and early October...I will reserve the best dates during those two months with Keith
Old 08-23-2010, 06:07 AM

John...no lack of interest with Garry or I.....I am available almost any day, Garry on Fridays and weekends.
Thanks for the clarification.
Re Wednesday calll on the trip....I have a consult gig that day, but should be home by 5 pm
Ron
Old 08-23-2010, 06:50 AM
President of CAC

Simply put...my thinking, and I feel Simms will agree is that we set these up on no more than a weeks notice with calling the cancellations earlier, Like no shorter than 12 hours. On occasions I would want to put a trip together on 2 or 3 day notice..this I feel would help everyone with planning...just trying to make these more workable.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by striblue
Ron...I am still thinking about Friday..if the weather works....I would do it...I am also thinking that if the tide is not optimal...I will move the group around the corner...about a 1/2 mile right on the tip....try a new area at the point....there is another small rip and the water is basically not effected as a flow but rather just in and out tide with deep holes..but we will have to make the call probabaly Wednesday...short notice is required because of weather. Ok? Also..I have a list of guys who want to go, one guy I guided, also guys from my fishing club...Simms will be back...we may schedule the future ones by PM or email because of the lack of interest...I will schedule them usually on optimum tide and weather and they even maybe on 24 hour notice. I will be working this out with Keith to get hold of the best dates in 4eptember and early October...I will reserve the best dates during those two months with Keith
I like that spot you're talking about.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.