Matane - Fly Fishing Forum
Classic Atlantic Salmon No pursuit rivals salmon rivers, flies & legacy

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-10-2010, 06:51 AM
Venture

Send a message via ICQ to Venture
Matane

Water levels have been perfect for the past week or so although the water temps have been on the high side. Raining now again. Many fish coming each day. Completely straightened a #8 double on a big fish last night after a great airborne take in fast water at the top of the run. Nice to see the river having good water and a good run this year. I am sure that the other Gaspe rivers all have good water levels now.....with all the rain we have been having.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:05 AM

Thumbs up

I love it when you talk like that, Howie. Leaving Wed for the Ste. Anne and Cap Chat. I am now in full, uncontrolled anticipation mode!

Rich
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2010, 06:53 AM
Venture

Send a message via ICQ to Venture
Glad I turned you on! Just call 999-9999 for more live salmon sex talk.

The River is up slightly over it's banks and is begining to drop slowly now. We dont need more rain at this moment. The Ste Anne should be in great shape this coming week if we dont get any more rain. Sitting it out another day or so before I give it another go.

Round 2 on Monday or Tuesday will include swinging some heavy irons. How do they straighten those hooks against 10 pound maxima anyway? The last fish bent that hook straight against the big down stream belly in the line while the fish charged up stream on it's second run. Amazing how the tippet held up against the force that completely straightened that hook.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:47 AM

Howie, Good to see you are fishing.

The old woman has muddy shoes. Dangle down river right. Big Muddler with light orange tail. See Louie. Don't let the cafe' color go away before you go. See the water color in the photo, we got 4 in the mud that day.

William

Old 07-14-2010, 08:05 PM

I was on the Ste Anne during the week-end, left on monday. The rain pushed the water from 14 cubic meter per second to 53!!! So saturday was almost lost. Usualy, we would have expected a good day on sunday. But we are now faced with a new reality; didymo! A major bloom happened an all the **** came down with the high water level, so sunday was screwed up too, with a lot of particules like towell paper flowing down the river. Situation was excellent monday, and we had a period of 3 hours who did the entire week end, with 6 hook up. The level is actualy high, for my own perspective, perfect, with all the pools being in good shape to be fished. The run seems to be good, not a lot of 20 pounders+, but many 10 pounders and some grilses.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.