Fly Fishing Forum banner

Weekend report

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Gseries69 
#1 ·
Hit the Cape for the first time this year. Fished the south side. Battled the wind from the kayak but found stripers and blues in the warmer back bays. Lots of bait, looked like silversides. Stripers were in the 25"-27" range. Saw very few of the smaller sized fish.

#2 ·
Fished limited area on So. Side of Cape some this past weekend. Largest was 31", Striper, covered with sea lice, couple of Blu's in 5 - 8# range and more 22" +/- stripers. Fought the wind and 'dirty' water and finally decided it was not my 'day' after being cut off by the "Boat Tow" vessel exiting Poppy Bay, under full throttle and cutting it tight at exit.
Saw a lot of Blues caught by others and relatively few Stripers

#10 ·
Sorry I missed you all at the clave dinner, I had a prior commitment to celebrate college roommates 40th. Sounds like I missed a good time.

Launched the kayak in BH on the incomming Thurs and after some length of time searching I found bass crashing silversides against the banks. Got out and fished from shore. Fish rolling at my feet with silversides spraying everywhere. Steady action for 2 hours with a mix of fish from 15"-30". Repeat on Friday but the action was not as intense and the bigger fish were not active. Sat fished CCB and found small fish eager to take the fly. All toll 60+ fish in three tides. Much better start than last year. Although anecdotal evidence, the number of smaller fish around is a good sign for the future.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.