Helping Hand for an Inspiring Friend - Fly Fishing Forum
Worldwide Flyfishing Discussion Talk flyfishing with members around the world!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-24-2010, 10:08 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Helping Hand for an Inspiring Friend

Hello friends -

I want to ask a favor from all who have enjoyed this site, and the work I've done to keep it running for over a decade now. For many of us, no matter what walk of life we've ended up on vocationally there's often an inner artist who is supressed in meetings, deadlines and commitments. This site is very much the personification of an alter ego for instance.

A friend and former girlfriend of mine Juliette Cusick despite having struggled through legal blindness from macular degeneration at a very young age to earn a masters degree has decided to pursue her lifelong dream after trying her hand at teaching in a vision-centric world. When you can not see print, or a computer screen without screen reading software and speakers, the work in a normal day job is 10 times, or perhaps 100 times more difficult.

For her the dream is no less achievable, and her dream is to dance and teach dance. In doing so, she has found herself and is the inspiration for many students and is able to realize a grace and beauty that defies her blindness such that it's not even detectable on the stage, which she carefully maps out with steps to 'visualize' the spacial constraints.

Yet crossing a busy intersection from the bus (unable to drive) to the studio can be life threatening at best on Boston streets. Although the simple can be impossible, the extraordinary becomes just as reachable for her. But she needs help.

So even if you do not donate a cent to the Forum, please friends donate to Juliette. Her current production is suffering from the down economy and she really needs our help to break even on the investment she has made into the costumes, stage props, theater rental, and countless hours.

Even if you can't attend the show, please show some support.

http://joharasnakedance.com/dance_co.htm

At the bottom of the page there is a paypal "DONATE" button.

Or better yet, come to the show if you are in the Boston area (Central Sq)

http://joharasnakedance.com/events.htm

I'll buy you a beer after the show. Hope to see you there, or hope you can donate something to help her out.

Guys lets keep Juliette's dream alive.

thanks
Juro
and Founder, Worldwide Flyfishing Forum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2010, 05:57 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

The show is this weekend, and I really hope we can help keep Juliette's dream alive...

let me know by PM if you're able to attend and I'll see you there otherwise please make some kind of donation.

thanks
and Founder, Worldwide Flyfishing Forum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.