Riveria Maya - fly fishing opportunities - Fly Fishing Forum
Bonefish, Tarpon, and other Obsessions Turquoise water, silver demons on the fly

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-07-2010, 10:19 PM
Bruce

Riveria Maya - fly fishing opportunities

Hey guys - excellent site and posts.

I never had an opportunity to bonefish, but an opportunity just dropped in my lap. I'm heading to Riveria Maya mid-May and need to scrable to find a guide for a few days of flats fishing. Any info. regarding the area, guides, DIY fishing would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2010, 10:34 AM

If you are around Tulum you can get a guide at the Boca Paila lodge. There is also lots of DIY opportunity in that area, right along the road wherever you can get through the mangroves and into the lagoon. Wading is pretty gooey, be prepared.
Have fun,
Jon
Old 04-12-2010, 01:55 PM

My favorite place is Cuzan Guest house in punta allen. Best margaritas and guac on the planet, reasonable priced, right on the sand and decent guides. Lilly runs a good operation. Rides can be a little long, but can fish the open bay or back if need.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:12 PM

couple suggestions

I was just down in the area and had a good trip for tarpon and snook at Isla Blanca...just north of Cancun. Yucatan Flyfishing adventures runs a pretty good outfit in the area, and I recommend them after my trip. Fish on your own options are possible along the beaches in front of the hotels if you're in less populated areas....the inhibiting factor is wind direction and surf. While I was there I talked to a couple guys that caught a few bonefish walking the beach. Something to chew on. Happy hooking!
Old 05-02-2010, 05:06 AM

hey Bruce ,,checkout my report ,,hope it helps

http://www.flyfishingforum.com/flyta...ad.php?t=28084

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.