Tidal Predictions for Brewsters - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-30-2010, 10:41 AM
mike oliver

Tidal Predictions for Brewsters

Using these tables http:/tbone.biol.scedu/tide do I select Barnstaple Harbor Beach Point Cape Cod Bay MA . If so is there much difference to add /subtract for Brewsters.

Thanks

Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2010, 11:11 AM
Middle Aged Member

Beach point is generally 10 to 15 minutes ahead of brewster flatz. I use sesuit for brewster flats. You can compare at:

http://www.boatma.com/tides/Cape-Cod.html
Old 03-30-2010, 11:12 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Use East End Canal + delay for ebb if there is any "N" in the wind direction and it's steady over 15; a smaller delay for flood if there is any "S" in it.

More importantly, get your ass off in time
and Founder, Worldwide Flyfishing Forum
Old 03-30-2010, 11:13 AM
mike oliver

Thanks Fred,

Mike
Old 03-30-2010, 02:13 PM

Sesuit and look out for the N wind.
Old 03-30-2010, 02:32 PM
mike oliver

I got to love you Guys two say Sesuit one east canal I am searching for the pin after I finish typing this. LOL

Juro by getting my ass out of there, last time out from Old Saints we started the hike back one hour after low. No wind that day to push in tide faster. I have left it later I won't say by how much in case you start looking around for Undertakers. What would be the general consenses of when to get out of there if no North wind is blowing and it's say a middle sized tide not a spring. Just an indication would be fine not asking you to hang your hat on your possible reply.

Thanks Guys

Mike
Old 03-30-2010, 04:12 PM
6th Year Apprentice

I use sesuit at boatma .
Old 03-30-2010, 04:47 PM
PhlyPhishing Physician

I use the Wellfleet tides. May be off from Brewster by 10-15 min, but that's not that far off when you think about it.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:04 PM

Depends on how well you know the routes. If you do you can stretch 1.5-2 hours of flood; if you don't well wear swim trunks and leave your wallet and cell phones in the car.

Each year the routes are different, it takes time to learn them. Each spot has different routes, which are different every year.

This is one way a guide earns his keep out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Oliver
I got to love you Guys two say Sesuit one east canal I am searching for the pin after I finish typing this. LOL

Juro by getting my ass out of there, last time out from Old Saints we started the hike back one hour after low. No wind that day to push in tide faster. I have left it later I won't say by how much in case you start looking around for Undertakers. What would be the general consenses of when to get out of there if no North wind is blowing and it's say a middle sized tide not a spring. Just an indication would be fine not asking you to hang your hat on your possible reply.

Thanks Guys

Mike
Old 03-31-2010, 04:33 AM
mike oliver

Thanks for the suggestions Juro. I do not know the routes of course having been away for at least a year ,so it's all to try and learn again. This means of course that I have to allow for a greater safety margin, which I will do. First couple of trips I will probably wear my wet suit to just in case. It is not the silver bullet safety wise but is better than getting caught out in chest waders.

Mike
Old 03-31-2010, 07:34 AM

Outgoing tides can be good, sometimes excellent - and safe. While learning the incoming situations you can go out well before the low and enjoy a long outing. But nothing beats the drum like the flood, just like bonefish.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:56 AM
Middle Aged Member

Mid May through June I love the outgoing. One of my favorites is a dropping tide where the high was pre dawn. Hunt the troughs out with the tide and eventually you run into fish both droppin out and pushing, frequently tailing. I always love the flood too but fishing the flood doesn't become critical to happiness 'til things warm up in july. Just my opinion.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:34 AM

I like the drop as well. There can be times in the spring when you are surrounded by the most disinterested bass in the world and I don't think it has anything to do with fly/leader/presentation. I think they come up there to take a snooze and warm up. Totally different game than Monomoy is (was).
Old 03-31-2010, 10:42 AM
mike oliver

Thanks guys this is all grist to the mill and feeding my desire no end. Today a friend a Brit who has been secretly coming over for 25 years sent me a couple of samples of his buoyant flies made so with a taperd foam head. He has used Artic Marbled Fox Hair for the wings and he tells me this stuff does not knot up like artic sheap hair. It is very mobile and comes in decent lengths. Needless to say the sellar of such hair got an order within minutes of discovering what Geoff makes his flies from.
Trying to keep the lid on a steaming pot is not easy.

Cheers

Mike
Old 04-01-2010, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Oliver
Thanks guys this is all grist to the mill and feeding my desire no end. Today a friend a Brit who has been secretly coming over for 25 years sent me a couple of samples of his buoyant flies made so with a taperd foam head. He has used Artic Marbled Fox Hair for the wings and he tells me this stuff does not knot up like artic sheap hair. It is very mobile and comes in decent lengths. Needless to say the sellar of such hair got an order within minutes of discovering what Geoff makes his flies from.
Trying to keep the lid on a steaming pot is not easy.

Cheers

Mike
If you are getting it from a "foxy" lady in Frodsham you could do worse than ask her to send you some of her cashmere goat hair too, it's lovely stuff very fine long and translucent too

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.