Might I be lucky? - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-02-2000, 03:06 PM

Might I be lucky?

Will be out to the South Shore next week for a couple of days to visit my folks. They live at the mouth of the Back River, (Weymouth) and I was hoping even though it's late if there are any reports of fish still around the Hingham area? From the reports on this site sounds like a few fish still might be left. Don't want to carry all the gear if it's fully over with. I remember about 35 years or so ago some fish remained till the end of November chasing Smelt and Tinker Mackerel.
Thanks
Steve.
Seattle WA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2000, 03:52 PM

RE:Might I be lucky?

Although things have been very much hit-or-miss, there are still fish around & LOTS of bait. However, unlike 35 years ago, the bait that's around is somewhat different, juvie pogies (3-5"), silversides (bay anchovey), & sand eels (4-6"). So, for fly fishing, clousers, deceivers & bunker patterns. If your fishing spin Atoms Poppers & swimmers have been working. Also, rumor has it that live eels, fished deep, have also been working.
Old 11-02-2000, 05:41 PM

Thanks Grego,
Just might bring the 8wt with me seeing I'll be taking lots of walks out to the point anyway. Just being out there watching all the movement of tides, birds and lobster boats is great. Still have plenty of flys left from two summers agos trip and they are similiar to your sugestions. Bringing the gear maybe worth it as I'll leave from there to southern NJ on buisiness and may find time to fish.
Glad to hear that you had a fun trip out our way to fish Steelhead and next time you might try the Snake River. Lots of Steelhead on the surface and country that looks more like Montana than Montana does.
Latter
Steve.
Old 11-02-2000, 05:56 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Caddis -

Which days? If not mid-week I am sure I could meet up with you. I think we could scrounge up a fish or two!

BTW - it was I who visited steelhead MECCA!
Old 11-03-2000, 06:04 PM

Juro,
Sent you an e-mail but not sure if it got through, my computer somedays would rather sleep than work. I might have Saturday, Nov.11th open, it all depends on what my folks have planed and I'll know more this evening. Would love to get out with you and see the bass masters in action. If we can't make it fishing maybe a beer and some serious fishing talk might be in order.
Thanks for the invite
Latter
Steve.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.