I killed 4 native fish today! - Fly Fishing Forum
Pacific Northwest Sea Run Forum No such thing as rainbow trout, only landlocked steelhead

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-30-2009, 07:43 PM

I killed 4 native fish today!

Fishing was good, bonked 4 wild fish. Caught them with worms and shrimp mix on a 0/2 hook.

Boy this site is slow, has anyone fished at all? Did fish yesterday on lower Hood River, tough river to fish on a swing, guess they mostly bobber/nymph fish it. I enjoyed a day of sunshine but bumps or spotting of fish did not happen. There is a winter run that starts now and peaks in January but don't know much about it.

Maybe we should go back to 5 or 6 years ago on this site when we had profanity, name calling, bonkers galore visiting our pages. There was plenty of posts in those days.
Happy Holidays.
OC
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2009, 05:32 AM

dieing a slow death? definitely could use a shot in the arm. that said, i think that differences of opinion which almost always seem to deteriorate into personal attacks is more the problem than the solution.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:00 AM
President of CAC

I kill tuna ...once near the boat with my Sig Sauer p 239 9mm...sometimes I am more sporting and use a brand new Walther PPS 9MM... What's the difference. This is an edit.... I just thought of something...I am joking...NOT serious....ok

Last edited by striblue; 12-01-2009 at 08:29 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2009, 08:32 AM

I always found hand grenades to be the most effective; they seem to work anywhere.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:39 AM
President of CAC

Todd... Just curious... do you wash the unused ones at the end of the day. What do you use to clean them? You know, get the salt off and make sure they don't rust. There have been conflicting stories on proper care. after a days fishing. Actually, your name seems familiar... your the guy who was on Opray who fished for tuna by straffing with the F-15... brought it to a new level. I could be wrong but I am sure it was you.

Last edited by striblue; 12-01-2009 at 09:12 AM.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:39 AM

John,
I think the guy on Opray comes from over in the striper section and he flies cargo planes. Guess he drops 55 gallon drums full of nails/hooks and explosives.

We use the left over worms in our Christmas turkey stuffing. Make popcorn out of extra shrimp. Never was on Opray but made a couple runs on Hustler channel years ago.

Hope all is well John and you had a good summer season. Mr Brown, I should have broke out the worms when you came out and fished with me years ago,eh!

VTLOON, you have a future here, where were you a half dozen years ago.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:31 AM
President of CAC

OC...yes, I am wrong, it is that guy...Now this a good thread for a change. we must be careful not to provide that guy in the Cargo plane an excuse to join in here....we will need a translator.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:19 AM

Marines don't fly F-15s....only Air Force pukes.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:28 AM
Middle Aged Member

Quote:
Marines don't fly F-15s....only Air Force pukes.
Ok, now we're starting to cook.

OC, could I catch them natives with a surf rod? Have you tried chummin with corn or better yet laid down a chum slick of creamed corn?
Old 12-01-2009, 11:33 AM
President of CAC

Exclamation

Oh NOOOOOO...Air force pukes? Ok, Now you've really done it.... If Pete sees that????? As one of several Moderators It appears I will be unable to maintain decorum on this thread...especially with the usually controlled FredA joining in. Posters who are ABLE to control themselves should not post on this thread, Per order of Juro. ( I will get a PM saying I had no authority to say that or use his name) hey , my mistake...... I am out of control....There I said......I better remove that pic after further thought

Last edited by striblue; 12-01-2009 at 01:21 PM.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:57 AM

If Pete sees that?????

Thought it might stir him up a bit.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:10 PM

Ok, Hey, hey, now we are cooking a winter feast. Fear not John, Juro has it in the oven as we speak. He can e-mail me for getting the cook stove going.

Fred my Cape Cod fishing buddy. Sure you can use a surf rod for steelhead. Heck I used a 15 foot rod today sort of the same. I also used flies today, but it was hard finding house flies in winter, had look in the cob webs above the rafters to find any and they were so old I had to use them as wakers. Cream of corn you got to be kidding me, we got a whole locker of that stuff here at the house. Do you open the can first before chumming or just throw an entire unopened case in the run?

Maybe what this site needs is a section called the Liars Den. Fishermen are interesting liars and I think there would be great interest if we put all the lies told here at flytalk in just one place. We could have a scoring system one to ten with ten being a top lie. We could also have a true button to hit if someone thinks the lie is a true fishing story.
John I'm not a moderator any more so can you bring this up at the next moderator meeting?

Yup, I expect Pete will be flying in at any minute. I better get out and plow the runway.

Last edited by OC; 12-01-2009 at 05:22 PM.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:51 PM
President of CAC

At the risk of being serious for a moment... OC raises a good point...all the other fishing forums have a sub forum for non related fishing stuff...some have a "town Tavern" type of things where politics and sports and crabbing ( not gathering crabs...crabbing...you know) can occur...it's seems like we should have one also... then ,for example, certain threads don't need to get contaminated with by product....like the issue of whether we are a private club...stuff like that.....people can fire away. Maybe I should bring it up with the moderators and also see what Juro's knee jerk reaction is.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:33 PM

I'm building a weir across the Alsea. That way I can sort out the wild fish from the fin-clips and then kill the wild ones. That way we won't have to worry about this stuff much longer. At least on the Alsea. Note that this is a selective fishery.

The two ideas for sub Foria (plural of "Forum"??) are good ones. Why not?

Cheers,

Got to get back to the weir. There's a full moon tonight and the fish should be running.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:20 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

*** I'm CENSORING THIS!!!

Look guys, let's try to bring this back to fishing, political correctness and all that.

I suggest a fish species section to list all of the species in easily identifiable pictures so that people who catch a fish can determine what they have caught.

For instance, these are largemouth bass:

(it must be winter!)
and Founder, Worldwide Flyfishing Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.