The cape tonight and tomorrow - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-16-2000, 12:38 PM

The cape tonight and tomorrow

Who is fishing where and is anyone looking for company. I was thinking about the N. side flats tomorrow morning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2000, 02:30 PM
Middle Aged Member

RE:The cape tonight and tomorrow

I'll be hitting east of Sesuit tonight if I get down early enoegh and definitly at first light tommorow.

Fred A.
Old 06-16-2000, 02:36 PM

No salty waters for Mike and I this weekend. We'll be breaking out the four weights for some sweetwater trout in NY with dad.

Gregg
Old 06-16-2000, 05:11 PM

Sesuit should be good. I think I will be going back to Brewster Flats and in the afternoon tring the blues in Cotuit.
Old 06-16-2000, 10:15 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Bayside's been schmokin' according to Don Baker of Sesuit Creek Outfitters. A favorable tide with this moon would make Chapin a great bet at night (hint hint). The low tides over the next few days are in the zone for good early/late flats action; cautiously as always.

Roop and I hit North Monomoy this morning, found a lot of shorts but nothing over 30". No rats either though, most over 24" and lots of fun. Hotspots: Southwest corner guzzle and the south east corner channel at slack high. Saw a few nice cows cruising on common flats on the incoming but had limited time to stay out on the fringe for the show.

I'd go back to South Beach if I were going tomorrow; the west side was very cold and the water on the inside was significantly warmer. Either way the wind would have beat the fly guy to a pulp this morning. The fish were much more active in the warm stuff between N.M. and South Beach, you could feel the difference on the waders. Keith (Rip Ryder) has seen more action off South Beach through recent weeks, our research would concur.

With this colder water, Capt. Bruce Peters mentioned that Pleasant Bay will have good fish up inside. The way big fish have been showing in estuaries around the cape confirms this. It's a good time for flyfishermen - small water, small flies, big fish!

I also like the south side river outlets at dawn on this tide, with an early morning high tide the action should be good from two hours before daylight thru dawn. Blues making their appearances, use a wire condom (tippet: no good in your pocket ). The in-your-face wind will probably pick up early though on the south side.

For those hitting Sesuit, the channel dumping out of the harbor is as good as anywhere before the boat show starts and the tide will be perfect for it. There are some big fish pushing into the estuaries due to the cooler water temps; both sides of the cape.

The wind direction was good for outer beaches today, but out of the question for me due to time constraints. I was there in spirit as I headed north back off cape until next week!

Good luck out there and safe fishing!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.