FALL MIGRATION!!!!!! - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-07-2009, 10:42 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

FALL MIGRATION!!!!!!

or NOT...

I'm stuck in the office and found out I am stuck in the office next week, then heading to Halifax on business so will not see any migratory action for weeks! I hope the atlantic salmon will humor me on the Margaree.

But if anyone taps into it - please post and let me live vicariously. Go ahead and post spots, there is no such thing as spot burning during a migration in fact it's probably the best way to put people on the wrong track
and Founder, Worldwide Flyfishing Forum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2009, 06:11 PM

Juro - Have fun on the Margaree! I fished it years ago, it's a beautiful river.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:27 PM
Flats Rat

Hey Juro

You going to be back for Scallop season ???
Old 10-08-2009, 12:33 PM

Fall migration

Juro.
Got back last Saturday from week's stay on the Cape with some buddies. Best fishing I have had in five visits; never caught a keeper before but this time I had 8, up to 41" (all released).
All the fish caught at night on the outgoing at well known spot near Sandwich.
One of my buddies also had several keepers but the other not so lucky (he didn't fish as much and missed the best night).
Best fish and several others caught on a black Gurgler with a big lip fished as a wake fly on the swing - the strikes were quite impressive! Remainder on a smallish (3 1/2") red & black Snake fly tied with a rabbit tail.
Sad story was that some spinfishers who waded out to the bar caught a 42 lb cow but after dragging it to the beach and weighing and photographing it, released it without reviving it. It floated past my buddy belly up and between us we spent over half an hour trying to revive it but without success. We couldn't face dragging 42 lbs of fish back along the beach to our house so we left it on the beach where the others would see it on their way out. I hope they made good use of it.
Very little daytime action but there were some scattered pods of anchovies off the beach - only fish chasing them were snapper blues.
All in all a great trip after some disappointing ones over the years with what appeared to be falling numbers and size of fish.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.