Petite Cascapedia - Fly Fishing Forum
Classic Atlantic Salmon No pursuit rivals salmon rivers, flies & legacy

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-25-2009, 04:51 PM
Venture

Send a message via ICQ to Venture
Petite Cascapedia

Hey......sorry for the late report. I fished last week with DB.....thats David Bishop on the Petite Cascapedia. We got lucky and won the 48 hour draw and got 2 rods.

We caught 3 beautiful fish and lost one. David hooked the largest of the day which we estimated at 26 pounds. The fish came to both our flies on every cast. We took turns raising the fish. He came very hard to every dry fly. Not often do you such an active taker. Finally David hooked him, and we shared the fight all the way down the pool and landed him 300 yards from where he lied. All on a six weight. The fish never touched the ground, nor taken from the water. He bolted free when released.

Not often do two rods hook up 4 times in one day on the Gaspe. Quite a great day for me and David and perhaps my best in years. Our bonus was 2 nice sea run trout......for dinner.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:58 AM

Location: Gaspe Peninsual, Petite and Grand Cascapedia, Bonaventure, Nouvelle etc...
Hey HOWIE!!

Yup, that sure was a great day! One of the best I have had all year, as a matter of fact...

Good news is that there are some more fish entering the Petite as I write this. There are not many grilse around, however, there are some nice big fish entering the river, and that is a welcome site!

I fished the Bonnie two days ago with three total beginners and we managed 4 fish on the line and 3 landed! All in the same pool!

We still need rain, however, the fishing remains pretty good if you hit the right spot at the right time.

I hear that the Mirimichi is crazy, or, at least was a couple of weeks ago. Cannot wait to get there myself for a first trip!

Best,

David
Old 07-29-2009, 02:28 PM
Venture

Send a message via ICQ to Venture
Hey David,

Yes, that was one hell of a day! Looking forward to a repeat! See you on Sept 1+2 with my St Rene neighbor Jean-Louis. He landed some big fish already on the Matane....one 22 pounder and one 24 pounder, all within three permits.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.