It's officially BONECLAVE WEEKEND!!! - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-08-2000, 11:30 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

It's officially BONECLAVE WEEKEND!!!

Although Saturday is just a pre-clave day (<i>Boneclave Eve</i>), the work week is done and it's time to rediscover the things that keep us coming "back to the well" for more. I am reminded by the passing of Labor Day that the 2000 season is not getting any longer and these last few claves will be all we get until next year. It's not too early to reflect a little on the incredible year we've had and to think just a little bit about how we will make 2001 even better.

Yep, I think I am not sticking my neck out too far by saying we succeeded in paving the way for a future of new traditions and experiences that proves that a web community of fly fisherman can be more than hit-and-run comments and faceless nicknames.

Although it's hard to imagine anything as epic as last year's Boneclave #1, it's gonna be fun to try! Before this clave commences let me say thanks to everyone who has decided to take a leap of faith and come join an expedition with our friendly angler's club. I hope it's been as much fun for you as it has been for me, and I invite you to dream about what we could do with this great beginning and insist that we are all empowered to take it wherever we want it to go.

All that being said... <b><font size="4">Let the games BEGIN!!!</b></font><!--4-->
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2000, 01:14 PM

RE:It's officially BONECLAVE WEEKEND!!!

Juro,

First, thank you for writing me back and providing some detail about this morning. I arrived at the parking area by The research center @5:45 and stayed until 7am and had the pleasure of meeting Larry P. Turns out we have some mutual friends and got to talk alot about fishing. At 7:00am I headed over to South Cape Beach, unfortunatley, we didn't run into Bob P. at Whites Landing, so I split to check out South Cape Beach. I think Bob P. ended up there, as another angler I ran into mentioned a guy was looking for Larry in the parking area. As I was changing I met Nick and Chris, who ended up over there and were going to head off to the jetty for a little fishing.

Now for the report. As soon as I entered the beach there were a couple of fish breaking right by the last left marker for the beach. I didn't hook up, but continued to fish to my left heading to the point. I flailed away (my casting is actually digressing), anyway there were some breaking fish heading towards the jetty. I fished for about 4 hours and only caught one fish, but there were some fish there. I saw a couple of larger fish (think they were blues) clear the water. They were hitting a school of peanut bunker about 70-100' out. There were lots of peanut bunker in the water, and I did see some large schools of bait milling about. There were a good amount of boats out (20+), concentrated near the jetties and then around the point to the left. I didn't see many people catching fish on the boats near the South Cape Beach State Park. I tried in vain to catch some of the fish concentrating on a school of fish right off the beach, but didn't have any luck. It was frustrating, but there are fish there. Good luck to everyone.

Pete
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.