2010 adventures - Fly Fishing Forum
Bonefish, Tarpon, and other Obsessions Turquoise water, silver demons on the fly

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-12-2009, 08:12 AM
*** FORUM SPONSOR ***

Location: Western New York Steelhead, Bahamas Bonefish, Wild Western Trout
2010 adventures

If any of you guys are interested in joining us on one of our hosted saltwater trips in 2010, give me a shout. They are fun trips, to beautiful destinations, with good people. 716-479-2327, or e-mail me.

Turneffe Flats Lodge, Belize (February 13-20, 2010)
great couples trip and also for serious anglers--lots of bonefish and permit, with some tarpon, plus lots to do for the non-angler.

Grey's Point Lodge, Acklins Island, Bahamas (February 13-20, 2010)
an old favorite of ours located directly on bonefish flats, with lots of great bonefishing and beautiful wading flats very close by

Greenwich Creek Lodge, Long Island, Bahamas (March 6-13, 2010)
a great value in bonefishing on beautiful Long Island, Bahamas offering superb wading for bones. Brand new lodge right on the water.

Acklins Island, Bahamas hosted DIY trip (March 13-20, 2010)
Hosted do-it-yourself angling in remote location on beautiful Acklins Island-our fourth year here.
Bonefish flats right out front

Eleuthera, Bahamas hosted DIY trip (April 17-24, 2010)
Hosted do-it-yourself angling on a quaint island; great for families too--our tenth year here

Turneffe Flats Lodge, Belize (May 15-22, 2010)
returning again when the big tarpon come out in May, along with the usual bones and permit--a great time for a grand slam!

more info on each destination here: http://www.ccoflyfishing.com/HOSTEDTRIPS2010.html
God does not deduct from man's alloted time the hours spent fishing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2009, 12:47 PM

Long Island

Guys -

I wanted to add in my 2 cents for Long Island since I will be hosting the trip. I have fished this lodge numerous time over the past 5 years. The lodge itself is very new and very well maintained. It is a two story lodge with view of the water and rolling hills of Long Island. Food is excellent and very plentiful. There is a bar at the lodge that is on the honor system. Basically, take what you want and make a note of it on the sheet. At the end of the week, you settle up with Sam......There is a great TV room with very comfortable couches. In addition, there is wireless internet......

The guide boats are 15 feet away from the lodge itself on it's own channel. The ride to the salt flats is about 7 minutes away. There are massive flats that are perfect for wading. This place is great for anglers because both anglers get to fish at the same time when wading. I know some at the lodge have waded barefoot in the past, although I know there are safety issues associated with doing so. Also, once you get "your feet wet" and if the weather holds, I would recommend a ride out to the ocean flats. When you step out of the boat at the ocean flats, you will have thought you are at the end of the earth as all you can see for miles is bonefish flats ! Flats are mostly white/gold sand.....there are some grass flats and some that have a few more coral pieces on them but for the most part, white and gold sand.....

Beyond bones, there are barracuda, sharks......and I have even had a few shots at permit. I would not focus on permit here though........there are also rumors of tarpon but I have not experienced them......yet......

Guides are great......laid back, yet attentive.....they really have figured out when you don't want their assistance and when you might need it.......all great guys and great personalities....

I am also an FFF Casting instructor and plan to offer any assistance on casting while on the trip to anyone who would like it.

I hope that gives you a flavor for the location.....if you have any questions, just PM me thru the site !

John Middleton

Last edited by JohnM; 08-18-2009 at 08:28 PM.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:52 PM

Update

Update for the Long Island Trip. The Knowles who run Greenwich Creek have decided to move their operations to a beautiful new lodge on Long Island. The Lodge is located on it's own beach. Although there is now a short ride to the boats, the upgrade in the facility is well worth this short ride. All of the Greenwich Creek staff and guides are still involved. I have attached a link to the new lodge -------> (non-sponsor link removed)

If anyone has questions, feel free to PM me !

John

Last edited by juro; 09-03-2009 at 10:57 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.