Bonnie, Petite C. Grand Cascapedia - Fly Fishing Forum
Classic Atlantic Salmon No pursuit rivals salmon rivers, flies & legacy

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-04-2009, 02:21 AM

Bonnie, Petite C. Grand Cascapedia

Good Morning,

At the end of july my friend and me are coming to the Gaspe.

who can tell us how the rivers working right now. The statistic at the Saumon quebec Website is not up to date.

Chris
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2009, 07:09 AM

Location: Many. From NE salt, Russia, Canadian A Salmon, NW Steelhead, Bahamas, Keys. Live in Upstate NY
Doing well. Pulling the nets has had a positive effect.
Old 07-04-2009, 09:03 AM
Salmon Rookie

I have heard the fishing has been slow on the Grand Cascapedia. Small number of fish in the river as of Thursday and not a lot of water flow lately. Hopefully it improves since I will be up there for 3 days at the beginning of August. Good luck!!!
Old 07-04-2009, 10:57 AM

good luck to all of you!
Old 07-06-2009, 03:27 AM

Petite and G.C.

Hey Chris

today I`m back from a short visit on both rivers.
The water level is low, but not to low for fishing. My exelent guide Dave
made a very good job and we stay in connection again for a new visit at
the end of the month.
We saw some very large fresh salmon in both rivers and hope for a new
game in 3 weeks.

My best,

KTM 450 EXC
Old 07-06-2009, 10:52 AM

Thumbs up Grand Cascapedia

I am glad to report that the Cascapedia is fishing very well on the C Sector and pretty good on the B Sector. The A Sector has been slow but more fish were caught there yesterday. The Branches have been slower for catches, with a lower water level but the main river (A,B, and C) have perfect water conditions!!

Was out fishing yesterday on Fraser Pool and had great action! My partner had caught and released two fish by 8:30 am and I had caught and released one and caught and lost one by 10:00 am! What an awesome morning it was.... The fish were all bright silver and fresh and weighed between 14 and 17 lbs. Not big fish, but they were incredible fighters!!

Guides Josh Bradstreet and Michel Paré have had guests that landed and released 27 fish in the past 13 days......can't really call that slow fishing

All in all, I think that fishing can only get better over the next few weeks, it is the trend that we have noticed.

It has been greatly appreciated by the anglers that come to the Casc that there are no longer any nets in the estuary. We look forward to witnessing the direct benefits that this will bring to this river.

Tight lines to all......don't be dissuaded from fishing because a fly that is not in the water, will not catch a fish!!!
Old 07-07-2009, 07:20 AM

Thanks Rusty for this report.

I am happy to see things are going well with net not being placed this season on the Cascapedia, but in an other hand, could you please comment the rumor saying that Cascapedia's Mic Mac net fishermen would have now installed their nets in the mouth of the Restigouche with other fishermen of Listuguj? This is the kind of rumor always very hard to validate, and in the past, we have heard a lot of fantasy about this subject, so maybe directly from the communauty we could have the truth?

Thanks
Old 07-07-2009, 08:30 AM

Exclamation Cascapedia Netting

Hi!

Nice to hear from you. The rumour mill has a habit of spouting out info that is so far out in left field that it can be ranked right up there with those that believe in the tooth fairy.

There is absolutely no truth in that silly story. Do you think that the people from Lituguj would smile kindly upon our fishermen showing up in their community to set nets?? They would be "nicely" asked to cease and desist. You could compare it to a moose hunter showing up in some other hunter's traditional hunting hole and expect to have a warm welcome......(fat chance that would happen, eh?).

Our community (Gesgapegiag) has respected our agreement to the dot. There has not been one instance of nets being set and everyone is happy with the agreement. There are wardens and auxillariee (native and non-native)that patrol day and night to assure that there are no nets in the river.

On a more interesting note, the fish are becoming more and more present in the system. Our guides picked two fish and lost one on the A Sector yesterday. A beautiful 38 lb female was caught and released up near Berry Mountain by one of our guests and a couple of 16 - 18 pounders were also caught and released by some of our other guests fishing on other beats. It is so good to see that the salmon are there and becoming more and more "ready for action"!!

I haven't had any news from yesterday from up in the branches, but I do know that the fishing is much tougher up there....it should change pretty soon.

If anyone would like any accurate info on how the main river on the Cascapedia is fishing, please ask......come to the direct source. As we all know, info on the conditions of the branches is DEFINITELY not the same for the A,B, and C Sectors of this river.

BTW, sorry for the size of the font in my previous post I don't know how I did that, and I was not "shouting"..My bad......
Old 07-07-2009, 08:38 AM

Thank you very much for this very complete answer Rusty! This is exactly what I thought.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:19 AM

thank you rusty!

chris

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.