DIY Orlando area - Fly Fishing Forum
Bonefish, Tarpon, and other Obsessions Turquoise water, silver demons on the fly

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-15-2009, 03:39 PM

DIY Orlando area

I'll be in Orlando on business June 28-July 2. Looking for any info on DIY fishing from shore. Get out of meetings around 6:00PM near Orlando airport.

Also looking for info on off-shore or guided trips in Indian River/ Mosquito Lagoon. What species are available?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2009, 07:51 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

I recall there was a lot of discussion about the reds, trout and tarpon in that area - try a search with keywords "Orlando" / "Mosquito Lagoon" / "Indian River" etc
and Founder, Worldwide Flyfishing Forum
Old 06-17-2009, 10:08 AM
Jonesin...

John Kumiski is a great guide for the lagoons. Not sure how good the fishing is down there mid-summer but I think John would give you an honest answer.

Sean
Old 06-22-2009, 09:43 AM

I purchased John's book and have been reading about the area. It sounds like there are some good opportunites and the fishing can be good this time of year. I plan to book a guide for one day and DIY the other before class starts. Will be fishing the Stuart/Jupiter area and along the Space coast a bit north.

Any one in the area who wants to meet up drop me PM.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:58 AM

Stewart (Stuart?)

I fished in Stewart a couple of years ago. There was an article in Salt Water Flyfishing about monster Jacks there. I called the captain (guide) that wrote the article, but I can't remember his name now, and he took us out. That was around april. The weather was a little crappy so we couldn't get out to the jacks. We had a nice time fishing for queenfish in the channels. It's supposed to be great fishing there and it's only about an hour from Orlando as I recall. The summer is supposed to be GREAT for tarpon. Big ones. But I'm not sure that you'd fly fish for them. Might be with bait. Good luck.......

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.