Rip Ryder rumor mill - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-29-2009, 08:03 AM

Rip Ryder rumor mill

Hello everyone,

Writing to clear up some of the confusion Im hearing about us out there.

I am still running from the Wildlife Refuge for as long as mother nature allows. Shuttles as usual at 0800, the pick up times my be tweeked each day to allow me to get out around hightide for my Wildlife Refuge Cruises. Hearing what Im hearing out in the area of the N. Monomoy flats and what use to be the crib, not sure how long the action will last again this season. Lots more sand meaning less water depth out there. So my suggestion is get it while its cold. Most likely same as last year, the water temps are going to climb quickly out there with the only flood coming from the sound. Please, no need for people to apologize to me for not going out at all last summer. I completely understand, you are here for Fishing, and you have to go where the fish are. The Admiral and I do miss the early morning joking, but we get it. So we will enjoy our time with you in the spring while it lasts.

Second, we do have a new boat that will be doing seal cruises out of Ryder's cove.
Unfortuneately, due to lack of parking, I have no ability to run a shuttle service to North Beach. This is something we can look at in the shoulder seasons as a special charter, same as we do South Monomoy. We will work out some ideas for this over the summer.

I am also concidering offering 4 and 6 hr sportfishing charters around Monomoy, to allow guys to flyfish the rips out there from the boat. I am also considering doing some offshore stuff in the fall for the more managable Tuna on heavy fly gear, so those are a couple of things to keep in mind and I will keep you posted on those also, or let me know if you have any interest in that.

If your not sure about what's happening by all means give me a call before you head down, not only to see if we are running, but I will give you an HONEST fishing report. Though some didn't appreciate my honesty last year. (not trying to get Striblue all fired up again )

Look forward to seeing everyone,

Capt Keith
508-237-0420
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2009, 12:03 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to polareyez
Let me be the first to jump in and say I appreciated your honesty last year. It took a long time to build up tolerance to your abuse and was hard to give up...

See ya' soon

Successfully fighting genius
Recipient of the Silver Horseshoe Crab
Old 05-31-2009, 02:52 PM
Squire animal

Hey Keith, fishing aside...

You coming to the Squire on Saturday 13th June for a beer (or two)?
Old 05-31-2009, 07:06 PM
President of CAC

Keith, I headed out with the clave guys to the Brewster flats this morning, but my plan is to see you this weekend for some south beach trips... also, I support your suggested initiatives in the future.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:08 PM
obsessive/compulsive

Send a message via AIM to jimS
Keith, thanks for the update. Rumor has it that the west flats of N. Monomoy are holding fish. If you got sun, go for it, after checking in with Keith for the ride over.
Old 06-06-2009, 06:54 PM

Steveo,
If it's anything like last year, I wouldn't miss it!! Can't wait to see the latest European "LadiesDance"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.