a fly fishing trip... - Fly Fishing Forum
Worldwide Flyfishing Discussion Talk flyfishing with members around the world!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-15-2009, 09:15 PM

a fly fishing trip...

Where would you go as a solo dry fly fisherman for best fishing in the Western US or lower BC/Alberta areas--either guided in a lodge or fishing alone--prefer wading but some drifting ok. 5 nights, 4 days, budget in the $2500-3000 range. Relative solitude preferred. No horses. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2009, 08:41 AM

The Bow in Alberta is my favorite river in North America, but you won't always have solitude. Other water there: the Crowsnest: Oldman's; Raven; Pincher Creek. You should PM French Creek if he doesn't see this.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:46 PM

Fishing the Bow

Hi Jeff, I live in Calgary so if you consider "doing the Bow" let me know I can provide you with many options from guided floats to wade access information. Timing is important for planning. Typically the Bow is in spring run-off from mid June to mid July, depending of course on snow pack (and we have a lot this year) and melt weather.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:54 PM

Alberta/BC

Lots of water here to explore but one would need to know when you are going to be here. The main issue come May/June and early July is run off the Bow is usually out if there is any normal amount of snow pack. However there is a lot of smaller streams around to keep one occupied. The southeastern part of BC is fishable at that time along with the smaller streams in Alberta but keep in mind there are closures till mid June for spawning. Give me a PM if you want more particulars the Bow is fishing well right now with the recent weather.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:49 PM

Sorry if this wastes your time. I`m Not sure if you are committed to the west coast, but if dry fly is your preference, Gaspe, Quebec has some of the best sight fishing for Atlantic Salmon you will find any where. Late July and August are usually productive and Atlantics are awesome on dry flies. All rivers are easily waded and you could certainly find an option that would fit easily under your budget.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.