Marlborough: Dinner? - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-20-2008, 04:03 PM

Marlborough: Dinner?

What are peoples' thoughts about a dinner at the show this year?
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2008, 05:41 PM
President of CAC

Todd, just saw this.... I will attend, if I go to the show, but I am sure as hell not going to help orgainize after last year and I suspect Fishhawk feels the same....By the way, The dinner worked out great, especially seeing guys I have not seen for a while, like Adrian, jbasser, you, Warren and the rest....it is always nice to meet for that type of dinner. My reaction to this site now as I go forward is that we need more "volunteers" to just get the ball rolling.... I suspect that the easiest thing to do is just work a time to meet and have the matre'd seat us as we show up. Menus and how many...yada, yada...is, in my opinion not necessary.... just meet and get together.by the way... where is warren, Mark (doublehaul), john D, sean M.. sean,and Juro?..Maybe I can get mikeZ to show up. This dinner can be a great way to solve problems on the site... get everyone involved if they want too...this is NOT a private club. (despite what some may think of me)

Last edited by striblue; 12-20-2008 at 05:53 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2008, 07:44 AM

I probably will not attend Marlboro this year. As for the dinner I will not get involved , I learned my lesson. FishHawk
Old 12-21-2008, 08:55 AM

Sounds like it's catch as catch can...which should work ok. I'll probably go, but will be watching the weather.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:42 AM

OK guys, so what happened with the Marlboro dinner last year???
Old 12-21-2008, 10:59 AM
President of CAC

Josko... read my message again..... the dinner was great.... 25 guys... but the orgainization was a bit difficult.....I say this in all respect... but why would you care?you did not attend last year so would you attend this year? So why do you ask? I am signing off on this thread now....lets keep it to getting together and not make this a 20+ post thread.....It would be great for me to meet you in person...this is why we have these dinners.

Last edited by striblue; 12-21-2008 at 11:18 AM.
Old 12-21-2008, 04:21 PM
6th Year Apprentice

i'll be at the show and go for dinner afterwards.

I enjoyed both a lot last year

with no bears den show this year, it'll be the only FF show i go to this winter.

Mark
Old 12-21-2008, 05:15 PM
Jonesin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernseybass
with no bears den show this year, it'll be the only FF show i go to this winter.Mark
There is a Bear's Den show this winter...

http://www.flyfishingforum.com/flyta...referrerid=840

There is a link on Scott's site its just not that prominent for some reason. Hoping to make it this year.

Probably won't do Marlboro. It just seems to be getting more anemic by the year. Contemplating Jersey but that is a long drive for a fly show.

Sean
Old 12-22-2008, 01:05 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Call my memory selective but all I remember is a good dinner and fun with friends. As far as organizational hijinks, welcome to the club. I can tell you it's never easy but if we measure success by the results, not the challenges it's where all of the good times have come from over the years. Certainly not from throwing in the towel!
and Founder, Worldwide Flyfishing Forum
Old 12-22-2008, 05:24 PM
6th Year Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smcdermott
There is a Bear's Den show this winter...

http://www.flyfishingforum.com/flyta...referrerid=840

There is a link on Scott's site its just not that prominent for some reason. Hoping to make it this year.
Thanks Sean - I hadn't heard that.

As they are a month apart i'll do both now
Old 12-23-2008, 04:33 AM

The Bear's Den Show is the one to attend. The major rod cos will not be at Marlboro, pretty sparse I wonder how long this show will last? FishHawk
Old 12-23-2008, 01:49 PM
PhlyPhishing Physician

Ditto on FishHawk's remarks- I'm sticking with the Bear's Den show- was able to do a back-to-back this year with the Saltwater Edge show in Newport on a Saturday and the Bear's Den show in Taunton the following day- no word as yet on a 2009 Saltwater Edge show. The Bear's Den show is on a Saturday (Feb 28) this time, so may be the only show I get to. Will look for the "usual suspects"
Flydoc
Old 12-23-2008, 03:12 PM
Pencil me in.....

There will not be "one" large show at the SWE this year. They have a schedule of surfcasting / tying evenings and weekend afternoons on their website. They will be hosting them at their new store, and possibly on "SWE TV".
Old 12-25-2008, 11:39 AM

Wheres Warren you ask? Why I am right here, firmly ensconced in New Hampshire.

I have not been real active on the any forums lately as I have been working my tail off. The repair business has been brisk since mid summer and my services have been in great demand. (The last fishing adventure I went on was the two handed beach rod day in August in Chatham Ma.)
I have two rod building projects on hold as a result and very little time for much else but work, eat & sleep. However I do intend to hit the Bearsden show for sure & I am up in the air as to Marlboro. I'll see when the time comes.

I think the best bet would be to just meet up at the nearest restaurant & take over the place...
Old 12-28-2008, 08:56 PM

I plan to go to Marlborough, unless there is a blizzard or ice-storm complicating things. I agree the industry support has fallen off, but there will still be plenty of people I can learn something from.

I'm hoping others will be there as well; I find the most enjoyable aspect of the shows is re-connecting with fishing friends that I haven't seen since the Fall. I'll probably hit the Bears Den event too, since I can tie that in with a family visit.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.