Andros update - Fly Fishing Forum
Bonefish, Tarpon, and other Obsessions Turquoise water, silver demons on the fly

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-21-2008, 10:32 AM

Andros update

I'm noticing the Joulter keys are becoming the new darlings on Andros, with 10-15 skiffs hitting them daily. It's almost as crowded as north bight was in the '98-'00 heyday.
I would suggest thinking of alternate places on the island to bonefish, and if you do go, be prepared for extremely spooky and finicky fish, or (much better) make an upfront deal with your guide to do the 1.5 hr run to the top of the Joulters. You won't get too many guides to want to do that, and if you don't know your guide well, you'll hear a lot of excuses about just where the top of the Joulters are. If you do get up there, you'll find less pressured and easier fish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2008, 06:38 PM

I'll be at AUTEC again from 6/21 through 6/29 and would be glad to hook up with any board member who's on Andros at the time.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:18 PM

FWIW, I'm flying down tomorrow, and again on 7/14-7/21. If I can help somebody in any way while I'm down ther, I'd be glad to do what I can.
Old 11-29-2008, 03:26 PM

I'll be on Andros from tomorrow, 11/30 through 12/19; it's be fun to get together with someone from this board.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.