Anyone familiar with Water Skeeter pontoon? - Fly Fishing Forum
Inflatable Watercraft Rafts, pontoon boats, kickboats, etc.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-02-2008, 07:16 PM

Anyone familiar with Water Skeeter pontoon?

Hi folks,
I am purchasing one of these off another website and wanted to know if anyone here has an opinion about them...bad expperiences, good experiences, things to watch out for, etc...Any input would be appreciated
(BTW this is the one that Orvis used to sell, I am not sure how old that makes this one. The similar model is 800$ new. I am getting for 2 c notes...) I will try to post a pic when I get to work tomorrow.
Thanks for any input!
GD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2009, 08:08 PM
noob

Outstanding!

I dont' know about the specific model you're talking about, at $800 new it sounds like a considerably bigger craft than the one I have. Mine is the 'day tripper' model that Orvis sells made by WaterSkeeter. I'm on my second, by no fault of either Orvis or Waterskeeter.
I took mine out on the river for a duck hunt one day...that's right, a duck hunt. It worked great, floating down the river and shooting unsuspecting ducks. I think when they saw me they took so long trying to figure out what I was that they forgot to fly away until I got really close. Anyway, I got about a mile downstream, and decided it was about time to head back to the truck. I hooked up a little tow-rope and dragged the day tripper on the snow behind me back to the truck. I didn't realize until I got there that I was fraying the nylon on the bottom of the pontoons. They were quite frayed at the end of the drag. I called Orvis, told them the whole story and they went way overboard sending me a new one in under a week. I returned the damaged one to them, and all has been well since.
I used the first one probably a dozen times before I ruined it. I've used the second one for about 4 years now, probably an average of 5 or 7 trips a year, and it's performed flawlessly. The design is very well thought out, and the construction is bullet proof, as long as you don't drag it around in the snow and ice.
I've been in a few other float tubes and catarafts, the Day Tripper is the best I've been in. I'll also mention I'll continue to buy anything I can from Orvis - their customer service is second to none.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2009, 01:13 PM

thanks! That is smaller than the one I purchased. Unfortunately I haven't had mione out on the water yet. this weekend! Gotta learn how to navigate before taking up for salmon run at Pere marquette next month...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.