Concrete Jungle Carp - Fly Fishing Forum
Warmwater flyfishing Bass, pike and even muskies in your backyard

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-19-2008, 05:30 PM
Explore.... Discover.....

Concrete Jungle Carp

Just thought I'd give you you guys a sneak peek at what I have about ten minutes from my house. It's not the country & it's not beautiful. But it has plenty of these beautiful Golden Bones

I have been out from work due to a knee injury and finally have a bit of time to post. The bad part is I can't fish now Anyhow I hope you guys enjoy some of the fish pics.

The pics are a bit old but nonetheless they are fish pics, which everyone seems to enjoy looking at...

Up close and personal!

This is my personal best from the Concrete River.

Huge monsters live in this river and there have been times where I can't stop the fish and they just break me off.

If some of you guys never caught a Carp on a Fly, you need to try. Monster fish who tug and tug and are not as easy to catch as trout. They are some of the spookiest fish I have come across. They have great eye site and can feel your foot steps as you walk along the banks. Try your fly fishing skills at some of these Golden Bones You'll be glad you did.

As my buddy would say, Laugh & Enjoy,
Benny
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2008, 07:05 PM
_

Nice pics. Thanks for posting.

That must be quite an interesting fishery. What flies do you use in a concrete creek? Got any photos showing the areas where you fish? I'm curious about the kinds of obstacles you might have to steer the fish around or away from.

Q
Old 09-22-2008, 11:26 PM

Here is a photo of one of my buddies who loves to fish for carp as well. You can see that this is a really ugly river made of concrete some places have brush like in the back ground. The Carp are real smart and head into the brush that's in the water and just break you off.

These are photos of my buddy David's fly box. I cant take a photo of mine at the moment because my camera is in my truck. The flies are simular to what I have though. The red Carp worms work good an most of the waters here in Southern Cal.

We started to lean towards the white colors because they are easier to see the takes. Lot's of sight fishing when possible. Some spots are just real murky and we just watch for the mud plums which is also cool.

Hope you guys enjoy.
Thanks for looking.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:01 AM

Good fishing, especially only 10mins away from home.

Totally agree on carps are hard to catch. I've been trying all different nymphs on carps but they never shown any interest at all. May I have a closer look at your red Carp worms and other carp flies? How do you retrieve them?
Old 09-27-2008, 09:36 AM

Here are the photos of some of the flies used to catch carp. Sight casting
to the fish is key. Try and not spooking the fish. Once the fish are spooked it could shut down the bite. The Red Carp worm is fished with very little movment. I try and get the fly about a two feet ahead of the carp. Don't worry the carp will see it. Hope this helps you out a bit. Have fun

Old 09-27-2008, 10:23 PM

Thanks a lot for your help.
Guess I've been spooking the carps so they dun bite at all. I'm trying to catch my first carp.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.