Fly Fishing Forum banner

Rip Trip - Labor Day Weekend?

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  FishHawk 
#1 ·
Anyone interested in trying to pull off a South Monomoy trip during labor day weekend? Just indicate any interest here and we can go from here. I would think the Saturday or Sunday of that weekend assuming Monday would be a travel day but lets see what we have.

#5 ·
Well, Larry Pourier called me today (shadfreak) and indicated that he can go along with two other guys...I may be able to get atleast 2 more...so this is just for info....that would make 6 right now... and I maybe able to drum up 4 others if we get no more response and will then make contact with those signed on by PM later this week. I am also working on another plan which may involve less than 5 and will let Keith know.

#8 ·
Rip Trip

Hey John,

Doesn't sound like the fishing has been too hot down there anyways. Charter boats saying the fishing is slow, with mostly blues and small bass.
I still can't believe they haven't finished the commercial season yet. As of about a week ago, they still had at least half the quota to go.

Hopefully we can get a couple of good days down there for the fall push.

Keith

#10 ·
John, the rip can only get better in September, bar mung and a strong SW wind. We'll try to schedule a trip Saturday, Sept. 6th. Last year, about that time we had some albies in the rip, but no hookups. The forum appreciates your perseverance in trying to get the trip(s) in July/Aug. If not the 6th, then we'll keep scheduling for the following weekend. I'd love to see more than one trip this fall.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.