Saturday am. - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-21-2008, 01:20 PM
2hand canal ,conventional

Saturday am.

I'm thinking a Saturday South beach excursion is in my sites this weekend, anyone else? I look forward to seeing those that can make it at the RipRyder. Though it will be a struggle I will keep the conventional at home and only bring the 2 hander.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2008, 01:53 PM
President of CAC

I plan on being at the ferry for the 8 am shuttle.... if we can get about 10 guys, I would love to set up a Rip trip on Sunday...I left Juro a message by Phone on his being down..so I expect to see a number of guys on Sat, Sun, and Mon.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:16 PM
obsessive/compulsive

Send a message via AIM to jimS
Paul, see you Saturday. Calling for sun, so the outer beach could be the place.

Rip Trip on Sunday is a real possibility, depending on the number. I think Keith needs 10, but can take more. The price will be higher this year as a result of the gas price increase. Gas at the dock was $4.25 this week. In the UK, it is over $10 a gallon, not that it is a bargain here.
Old 05-22-2008, 02:23 PM
Squire animal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimS
In the UK, it is over $10 a gallon, not that it is a bargain here.
Jim, diesel is 1:31 a litre (5 litres to a UK gallon roughly), which works out around $12.80 per gallon... almost time for a revolution I think!
Old 05-22-2008, 04:09 PM

Stevo,
You just recovered my night for me. I just put diesel fuel in my truck to the sum of $4.90 a gallon, much better than $12.00 The good news is my engine just popped and broke in at the right time. 25,000 miles and I just gained 2 miles per gallon. 18 City 22 highway (75mph), so I'm sure it would be higher if I got off the pedal. I know, Damn Cops!!

Fuel at the gas dock as of Wed was $5.25 per gallon, so sure to be higher by this weekend.

I already have boat owners telling me it's cheaper to hire me to get to the beach vs firing up their own boats.

When will it stop?? No body knows!!! What a crock of Sh*t.

Telling Jim Simms today, I believe the rentals are up this year because it is cheaper for people to get their Cape fix in a weeks vacation vs. driving down multiple times throughout the season.

Capt Keith
Old 05-22-2008, 05:53 PM
_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Ryder
. . . When will it stop?? No body knows!!! What a crock of Sh*t. . . . Capt Keith
Yep. The constant increase in fuel prices is bad enough, but then we also get to hear all about the record-setting profits being hauled in by the oil companies . According to a recent headline, the oil companies have a serious "problem": too much money! I bet all of George's big oil buddies look a lot like this -->

Q

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.