New Brunswick - Fly Fishing Forum
Classic Atlantic Salmon No pursuit rivals salmon rivers, flies & legacy

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-02-2008, 02:08 PM

New Brunswick

What, in your opinion, does the high water on the St. John and Miramichi rivers mean for salmon fishing this season?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2008, 08:59 PM

Well since there are no salmon in the Saint John any more, that means nothing. High water on the Miramichi means business as usual. Looking forward to what kind of season we are going to have.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:50 AM

Thanks Leo. I usually get up to the Miramichi for a week in the summer and a few days in autumn. Those trips are the highlights of my year, although I have to say I have recently discovered the beauty of steelhead fishing in the tributaries of the Great Lakes, which is quite a blast as well.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:07 PM
Spey'd and lovin it!!!

I would think the high waters N.B. are seing would have consequences such as lower juvie survival as well as changing existing pools, runs, etc. I can't help but think that it must increase the mortality rates of Grilse and MSW kelts as well. With that much flow and all the crap in the water i would think it would affect a small percentage odf surving kelts,, who knows though?
Salmon Chaser
Letters to a Salmon Fisher's Sons

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.