Our "Other" Pictures........ - Fly Fishing Forum
Classic Atlantic Salmon No pursuit rivals salmon rivers, flies & legacy

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-12-2008, 09:52 AM
Venture

Send a message via ICQ to Venture
Our "Other" Pictures........

I thought it would be fun for us to share pictures of some of the "Other" species that some of us have targeted over our lives. Being that we all live in many parts of the world, I think it would wet our appetite not only for the coming salmon season, but for the pure passion we all share for sport fishing.

Hopefully many of you will participate in this thread and share all those old pics of the many different species we have targeted and explain a little about each one.... Should be fun to see each of us in action with fish other than our favorite.....the salar.

#1 Pic - 1977 - Off the beaches of Martha's Vineyard with a stringer of Bonito that hit the beach chasing sand eels.... Notice the old Fenwick glass rod and Plueger reel.....not to mention the tye-die shirt I am wearing.

#2 Pic - 1980 - Blitzing big Striped Bass off the high surf on the south side of Martha's vineyard. We used big wooden plugs (lures) worked in the waves and caught fish up to 45 pounds. It is the greatest way to catch these fish and truly rivals the sport of Atlantic Salmon fishing.

#3 - 1998 - Nice Yellow Fin Tuna coming over the gunnels of the "Venture".....my boat. These fish were taken at the Atlantis Canyon, 100 miles off shore in the warm water eddies of the gulf stream.

#4 - circa 2000 - Collaring (cleaning) Giant Blue Fin off the coast of Nantucket Mass, during the annual Blue fin tuna run.

#5 - circa 2000 - Mahi on the fly. Occasionally we get Mahi into our chum slick while fishing yellowfin tuna. When that happens, we break out the fly rod and throw big streamer flies. They are quite spectacular and very aggressive. They leap like crazy and truly a beautiful species. Great table fish too...

Hope to see some interesting pics coming to the board of some other species we hold dear to are hearts. We can post Salmon pics later during the season, but for now, a good variety will be fun to see......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Reel  time - Bones at Menemsha (Small).jpg
Views:	121
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	6739   Click image for larger version

Name:	Reel-time - Striper Blitz and Squbby (Small).jpg
Views:	125
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	6740   Click image for larger version

Name:	Reel-time Nice Yellow comin over the side (Small).jpg
Views:	103
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	6741   Click image for larger version

Name:	Reel-time - Collaring a few Giants off Nantucket (Small).jpg
Views:	115
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	6742   Click image for larger version

Name:	Reel-time - Mahi on the fly (Small).jpg
Views:	104
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	6743  

Advertisement

Old 04-14-2008, 07:32 AM

Grand River Trout

June is a great dry fly month on the Grand in Ontario. Pictures are of Jim Corrigan and myself with brown trout caught on dry flies during brown drake and grey fox hatches. Hope I figured out the attachment thing. Enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	e.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	6745   Click image for larger version

Name:	c.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	6746  
Old 04-19-2008, 10:59 PM
Spey'd and lovin it!!!

If Atlantic Salmon are my wife,, then these brutes are my mistress
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	024_24.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	6749   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0357.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	6750   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0366.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	6751  
Letters to a Salmon Fisher's Sons
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.