7th Annual Rhody IceBreaker

6K views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  mikez 
#1 ·
7th Annual Rhody IceBreaker

Saturday, May 3rd, 6:00 AM to noon - Fishing
Barbecue 1:00 PM
High tide: 6:46 AM
Sunrise: 5:39 AM

Almost a month away and its time to get things started. Last year was a blast fishing from boats. We had over 22 people. Most of us had our rigs ready. We had seven boats, enough to get everyone on the water. With a later date, we caught more fish with some size to it. The weather was perfect for an outdoor hamburger/hot dog fling.

Once again we are in need of boats. That's the important factor. Slinger should be showing off his new Mako. Sweet ride! Most fishing will be done fairly close to the ramp, so there won't be a lot of running around. This will keep the expense of gas down for most captains. We fish the morning and meet afterwards say 1:00pm at my house. I start pulling my boat at 12:00 noon to get things rolling. There is plenty of parking for cars and trailers too, both at the house and ramp.

All are welcome to attend any/or all portions of the day's events. You need not bring anything to the barbecue. All food and soft drinks will be supplied for zip. You might want to pack something to snack on while on the water. Think about your captain too. With the larger numbers of intended fishers this year, I will put out a donation jar to help offset the expenses of maintaining the Fly Fishing Forum. It's strictly volunteer and all monies go to this site. None to any politican's pockets.

Good fly patterns - Clousers, (chartreuse, olive, and yellow), white deceivers, alewives patterns, bucktail flies, and jellyfish patterns.

Capt. Ray

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Roster and Billet Assignments:

If you have a request to be with a certain friend, make your wished know.

Capt. Ray (boat)..... crew - Joe Herbert, Dan Devine
Sean Mc (boat).... crew - Tim St, Warren
vtloon (boat).... crew- FishHawk, N.E. Saltwater Fly Rodder
Slinger (boat) .... crew - mikez, Phil
Capt. Rene L. Letourneau (boat)... crew - Bigcat, Tom Fay
Capt. Dave P (boat).... Dave's boat is still not ready and out of commission. Brand new motor blew a manifold under sea trials.

Standby

None at the moment

#6 ·
RI Kick-off

Hi Ray, I plan to be there and will be picking up my boat. FishHawk has already signed up to go with me. I'd prefer to go with just 2 in the boat, but can certainly take me plus 2 if there aren't enough spaces to go round.

Warren, I'll be combining this with a family visit, but if there's a ride I can give that makes sense, let's explore it.

#8 ·
vtloon said:
Warren, I'll be combining this with a family visit, but if there's a ride I can give that makes sense, let's explore it.
Todd, I was thinking of Maybe visiting with Slinger as he has told me a time or two to call him & stay with him. I have to see what he is up to & go from there. Lets see how everyones schedules work out, If I am as busy as I am now I may have to drive down late Friday night. Or first thing Saturday. We have a month to figure it out. Stay Tuned..... Same Bass time, Same Bass Channel:hihi:

I can hardly wait.

#11 ·
My attendance is up in the air as of now, one of the drawbacks of working retail, hard to get a Sat. off. I`ll do my best to be there, the new ride is sitting at the shop waiting to be preped. The Indians in thier generosity, just paid for the first years insurance.
Slinger

#12 ·
Good Luck guys, gonna have to pass this year. Bummed for sure, always great to get the cobwebs out with you all!

#18 ·
We are about a week away from the Rhody IceBreaker. Private messages have already been sent to all those on the list so far.

During the next week it is important to know any additions or cancellations of personel. You should check this thread regularly as the week goes by. Changes made to the roster as edits do not reflect as a new post, hence it will not be brought to the top. I'll make a new reply to allert all.

Please exchange cell phone numbers with your assigned captain. This is the only phone tree we will have.

Ray

#20 ·
Just a note here I will be driving down Saturday morning. I had hoped to come down Friday afternoon & spend the night , but as usual the dark cloud of doom that follows me around has seen to it that those plans are out the window. See everyone at the boat ramp 0600 Saturday. :D

#26 ·
The weather is looking VERY fishy! Caught a bunch under the same conditions today near home.
See you guys tomorrow. Basser is looking forward to hearing from us. Let's keep him in ours thoughts. Maybe we should pack a Sluggo rod in his favor, just in case.

Phil

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.