Fishing on Cape Cod in Septmember.... - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-20-2008, 10:45 PM

Fishing on Cape Cod in Septmember....

Hello Everyone,

Its been a while since Ive been on. I started fly fishing about 1 year ago and it has been a very addicting experience. I send my thanks to everyone for all the great advice I found on this forum.....

In September, I have 6 weeks off of work and will be heading to the Cape for 1 week. As I have been going to Cape Cod all my life I know the area fairly well, especially the Chatham/Orleans area. I am looking for some advice on some good locations where I can walk and fish at the same time. A friend has a boat in Pleasant Bay but I really enjoy walking and fishing.

I know there is a lot of talk about Monomoy, however, I have never been. Is it fairly easy to get to? It there a ferry needed to get there?

Would late August/early September be a good time to plan a trip?

Thanks to all!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2008, 07:29 AM

Early Sept to Oct a good time to fish.....you have a lot of options if you like walking.......in the Chatham area you have:
1. Monomoy (west (back) side....miles of flats...take Rip Ryder (on refuge grounds) shuttle service on Morris Island ($20 round trip)...leaves at 8...pick up at noon or 4);
2. Morris Island.....on refuge....go to bottom of stairs....go right facing water and can walk about 2 miles to Stage harbor Inlet....can fish all along the way
3. Hardings beach visible from Stage Harbor inlet....stripers there too and if blue fish are around...great place to snare them.
I'm sure that others will have advice too.
Ron
Old 02-21-2008, 11:32 AM

Just be sure and avoid the doctor & the retired lawyer that have been known to fish together on the cape.(you know who you are )
If they take a liking to ya' You may have so much fun fishing with them you might not ever make it back home, they will turn you into a striper bum. I almost fell for it!

September is a nice time of year to be out on the Cape for sure. Let us know when you are going & maybe you can hook up with some of us.
Old 02-25-2008, 09:47 AM
Local Boob

Question seems a bit strange...you'd have a harder time trying to find a place where you can't walk and fish. The only real limits are the nesting birds - but thats Spring/early summer and even then it doesn't impact a walking angler that much.

Monomoy is always a good bet, especially given the range of structure - whenever I go out either on foot or paddling I like areas with a lot of variety in case the fish aren't where I thought they should be - ingrates.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.