Ascension Bay Guides - Fly Fishing Forum
Bonefish, Tarpon, and other Obsessions Turquoise water, silver demons on the fly

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-15-2008, 10:43 PM

Ascension Bay Guides

Hi everybody,

I am trying to gather info for a possible trip to Ascension Bay this summer. The trip would probably be for 5 nights around either the beginning of June OR the middle of June. I have a couple of questions I was hoping you all could help me out with.

What is the best way to go about setting up trips down there. Book with one of the lodges and do a multi day package with guide included ? OR just book a room down there and try to book a guide seperately. The latter was very successful for me in Belize but I am wondering how I would contact the guides down in Ascension Bay?? Can you get a hold of them and make plans ahead of time?

Is middle June still good fishing or is it just unbearably, ridiculously hot?

I could be content casting to bones for forever but would also like to have some shots at Permit and maybe Tarpon as well......is it getting to late in the summer for the Tarpon or is middle June a good time?

Thank you all for help. I became hopelessly addicted that first bone I caught in Belize !!!! Now its time to feed the addiction

thanks,
Jon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2008, 05:33 AM

Hi Jon,

I was down there in December with a group. If you seearch the forum you will see a report not to far back.

Ascension has great species diversity and you will see plenty of Permit. June there is also the chance of a big tarpon as well.

I will PM you some trip details.

Regards
Mat
Old 01-16-2008, 10:26 AM

Thanks Mat. PM sent

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.