Flats boots for Acklins - Page 2 - Fly Fishing Forum
Bonefish, Tarpon, and other Obsessions Turquoise water, silver demons on the fly

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-06-2008, 07:15 AM

David was asking about those Bites yesterday...he has worn them out! I think any comfortable lace up boot ( I like Simms or Cabelas) with a cotton sock under a Cabelas neprene bootie with a built in gravel guard has been the best combo for folks here.

Got you room done yesterday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2008, 07:17 AM
In moderation

I use Simms and also Patagonias. The important thing is socks.
The Simms wet wading socks are very good.
I used some sport socks a few years ago that were also very good called "100 mile socks". They have 2 layers.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:22 AM

I used the "Bite" boots last year on Acklins and I had no problems at all with them, But I did wear socks under them. long pants and taped up then bottoms and I found them great, no blisters or discomfort at all.
David wore his out ? not surprising the distances that guy walks, sometimes running a mile or so ahead to scout stuff out then back again to join the group.
I think it depends or you but using socks is a huge factor I think.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.