Hello from St Croix, USVI - Fly Fishing Forum
Member Profiles Introduce yourself!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-24-2007, 08:31 AM

Hello from St Croix, USVI

Hi All,

My name is Ron and I've been living here on St Croix in the US Virgin Islands for a little over two years. I came down here from Kentucky where I used to flyfish streams for smallmouth bass. Now, I am settled in enough to get back into fishing. I really miss my time on the water. I brought my 7/8 wt SA System 2 setup, some clousers and other bonefish flies that I used for smallmouth. I don't have a boat-- live in a condo and I don't know anything about saltwater fishing. I spent my time on small limestone bottomed streams barely 20 feet across. I'd like to hear from other flyfishermen based here in the Caribbean and those who know our local waters. I'm glad that I found the forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2007, 01:45 PM

St. Croix

there is a person on this forum VIRGINFLY that lives on St. Croix I believe.. I am sure he will help you..

good luck
Old 11-26-2007, 02:24 PM
obsessive/compulsive

Send a message via AIM to jimS
Welcome to the forum. As Frank said, send a private message on this forum to VIRGINFLY. If bonefish are your traget species, then your outfit should be fine.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:17 PM

Thanks y'all

Thanks for the welcome and the advice. I appreciate it. I've already pm'ed virginfly.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:19 AM

Hi, I'll be heading down to St. Croix in Feb/08 and was wondering if anyone could point me toward some good foot access fishing. I've pm'd virginfly and iguana, but no reply as of yet. I've never been salt-water fishing before so I'm really excited to put a check mark next to a bunch of species - hopefully a Tarpon!

thanx all
Old 01-08-2008, 04:39 PM
obsessive/compulsive

Send a message via AIM to jimS
Suggest you pose the question on the Bonefish, Tarpon, and other obsessions forum topic. That is a wider audience range and should provide some answers.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.