New Danielsson website/orders - Fly Fishing Forum
Gear Talk - Fly Stuff Spoken Here Sage advice & fresh perspectives

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-13-2007, 01:03 PM

New Danielsson website/orders

I have just ordered some items from a new Danielsson website and also had spoken with the Danielsson representative.
At least for now, a new customer should register and place the order in SEK.
The price will be automatically adjusted to the new US price posted on US Danielsson website.

To order go here:

http://danielsson-flyreels.ehandel.net/

click in the upper right corner for english language to get here:

http://danielsson-flyreels.ehandel.n...nguage_id%5D=3

Any order over 4000 sek ( about $ 630 ) are free of freight 260 sek, $ 40).

Customers from Europe Only will be charged an additional VAT ( 19-20%).

The payment can be done using MC or Visa card.

It is important to create you account. Only after that you will see that List Price was reduced by about 20% as VAT ( tax) for a customer with N. American address

Last edited by salmo; 12-20-2007 at 04:22 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2007, 08:04 PM

Danielsson Orders

Salmo,

Do you happen to know if there is duty on the reels, and if so, what the rate is?

Thanks,

JimD
Old 12-16-2007, 10:35 PM

I will learn it when the stuff arrive. The duty fee for items coming to US should not be very high, if any.

Zb
Old 12-17-2007, 09:49 AM

Your costs will depend upon who they used to ship it and how it's labeled. I think the current rate for most fishing tackle is 6.9%. If it is marked so that it could appear to be something like gift items, the rate is 9.9%. That's different than them sending it to you as a gift from them, where there wouldn't be duty at all, but you might have to prove it is truly a gift. If it comes UPS, Fed-ex, DHL, etc. there is also a brokerage fee that the courrier charges you for taking the item through customs. I've been charged as much as $65.00 from UPS for that service, and I've yet to be able to establish what scale or data they use to determine the charge. And then there's the issue of the 10% excise tax that's due on it...
Old 12-17-2007, 04:08 PM

I believe up to $ 2000 custom fee is 4% and federal tax is paid by a businesses only.

Zb
Old 12-18-2007, 06:09 AM

Jr Spey

I have asked then regarding the S&H.
Danielsson sends it with the Swedish postal
service and it going to be delivered by the US postal service.

Very Good.

Zb
Old 12-18-2007, 12:32 PM

Salmo,

I'm not sure where you're getting the % as the form I have doesn't say that. Simply let us know when you get it as I'd be curious. The general perception is that only businesses are liable for the excise tax, but I've been told two different times that that is actually not true. One of the federal officials admitted to me that almost no one pays it because it would border on being voluntary and a consumer would have to buy an awful lot of merchandise that way before it would be cost effective for the feds to pursue anything. That doesn't mean it's not due. Many people think you don't have to pay sales tax when you buy out of state. But the truth is almost every state requires you to claim purchases from out-of-state when you file your taxes each year and to pay a "use" tax on those purchases. Of course, almost no one pays it, but that doesn't mean it's not due and you could be liable for past amounts plus a fine and interest some day. For that matter, a lot of people didn't think downloading music "free" off the internet was a crime, either, but a few people are finding out differently. Having said all that, the IRS and other Federal agencies are notorious for answering questions incorrectly. That's one reason why I asked two different agents several years ago, and I did get essentially the same answer from both of them.

Your next post mentions that the reel is being shipped via the post office. Sometimes they don't collect duty at all and have never charged me a brokerage fee so it is clearly the way to go.

Let us know how it works out.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:06 AM

Jr, Spey,

While waiting for my order to arrive ( has been sent several days ago), I have learned that one Canadian fellow got recently his reel from Sweden and was please to find that there were no additional custom charges.

It took about 2 weeks for the reel to reach the destination, including over week long delay on the Canadian border.

I guess not bad. I would not be surprised to see in my case a longer delivery time considering Christmas crunch.....

BTW, I was told that any order over 4000 SEK to US or 5000 SEK within Europe
are free of shipping charges which are 264 SEK. So the most economical way is to combine more then one order, but try to avoid more then 1500 USD.

My credit card was charged accrding to $ 1= 6.56 SEK . Historically the transactions on CC have the best possible rate.

I will let you know soon.

ZB
Old 12-20-2007, 03:50 PM

New Danielsson website/orders

Salmo,

In your posting of 12/13, you indicated that when you order from the Sweden web site that "the price will automatically be adjusted to the new US price posted on the US Danielsson web site". If they are use $1 = 6.56 SEK, I find that the 6nine listed at $369 on the US site turns out to be 2800 SEK/6.56 or $427 before postage. Am I figuring properly?

JimD
Old 12-20-2007, 04:18 PM

Jim,

Make sure your calculation does NOT include 19% VAT which is not applicable to N. American Customers.

Have you log in with you user name?

The price at the website will include 19% VAT. However if you create you account with N. American Address the price and then log in, the price will be automatically reduced.

The N. American price for LW 6-9 is 2240 SEK, and LW 8-12 is 2328 SEK.

ZB
Old 12-20-2007, 04:23 PM

It is important to create you account. Only after that you will see that List Price was reduced by about 20% as VAT ( tax) for a customer with N. American address
Old 12-20-2007, 06:18 PM

Smile

Salmo,

Thanks for helping me out with the process. That price of $425 instantly dropped to About $340.

Jim
Old 12-31-2007, 10:28 AM

Jr Spey,

The package form Danielsson is right now at JFK custom ready to be shipped to upstate NY by US Postal Service. I have just faxed back the from authorizing informal entry and duty fee. The total value of the package was $ 1188 and I paid ( $ 64 - duty fee and $ 55 informal entry fee = $ 119 total) .

Priority Airfreight LTD. was acting as a broker on behalf of Swedish Postal Service.
Since the fight form Sweden to my door was free ( order over SEK 4000 or $ 600 US ) about extra 10% was not bad.

Another friend form upstate NY has got recently his HD 11-14 and paid nothing !.
I guess near $ 1200 value got their attention.

Very Happy New Year to everybody!!!

Tight Lines

ZB
Old 12-31-2007, 10:43 AM

It makes one wonder how they figure these things. Customs charges were 5.9% on fly reels for years and that was raised to 6.9% about a year ago or slightly more. Your figure of $64.00 is only a little over 5%. I think you did well.
Old 12-31-2007, 11:33 AM

It is pretty obvious that making a larger order make sense, as Danielsson ships for free
( over SEK 4000 to US and Canada).
If someone had an order with Ron before price hike, then Danielsson ( I guess it is in the company discretion) will honor the old prices. Even thought I had numbers Danielsson made reels, I have tired to get two reels and several spools since before price hike, so I am even happier with he deal...

The ordering form Australian dealer directly or via e-bay has a catch, he charges $24 for shipping and $ 18 for any additional item and marks everything below $ 200 to avoid custom fee by N. American customer
Had I order my package from him, and somehow it got lost he will ( I guess) reimburse me only $ 200. Plus I would have paid higher price and over $ 100 is shipping fees
The orders form Sweden are fully insured so no risk here.
Even ordering according to new prices ( several items) is better from the factory.

Zb

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.