Gaspé gnuz - Fly Fishing Forum
Classic Atlantic Salmon No pursuit rivals salmon rivers, flies & legacy

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-18-2007, 09:03 AM

Gaspé gnuz

The past few weeks have seen havoc in Gaspé due to heavy flooding. Last week everything really went to the shits !
Howie ,the covered bridge @ Coulee Carriere (below your place ) is no more !
The bay in Gaspé is dark chocolate coloured off the mouth of the Dartmouth and coffee coloured off the York. The Dartmouth's pools were reworked already from this summer floods . Keep buying that Chinese crap at Wildmins and driving those SUV"s ,and lets warm the Planet up some more !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2007, 10:27 AM

Location: Gaspe Peninsual, Petite and Grand Cascapedia, Bonaventure, Nouvelle etc...
TONS of RAIN Thursday and Friday put the Grande Cascapedia, Ste-Anne, Cap-Chat, Dartmouth and Bonaventure out of their beds! Holy crap! Woke up Saturday evening to the sound of the river which was incredible. Only a trickle of water in my basement, thank goodness as I am closing on my house in two weeks! Whew!

964 CMS was reported in downtown Matane and the bridge can withstand 1000, needless to say, a lot of people had their butt cheeks squeezed together and could only wait and see what would happen. Cap Chat saw heavy flooding and a landslide. No major damage to this area, however, the 299 was closed until this morning and a few road repairs will be needed before trucks can use the road.

No real news about the Gaspe area but am placing a call to Michel Beaudin after I write this for some news about his place, he is RIGHT on the river.

With all of this crappy weather, I CANNOT wait to get on my plane headed to PATAGONIA for the winter! I will be guiding there from the end of December through March. Leaving on the 9th of Decemeber!

The damage caused to our areas residents is pretty bad, however, as I looked at the river yesterday, I could not help but worry about the spawning beds that must have been washed away and the juvenille fish that were getting tossed around. What a mess!

Mother nature seems to have a plan to take care of herself, but I think that we humans keep on screwing around with her plan! To think that WE all have a part in the global warming thing is scary.

Hope all of you who are reading this are not getting the rains we are getting! Have a great Thanksgiving and a safe holiday!

Frowning rods and screaming reels to you all,

David
Old 11-18-2007, 04:48 PM

Matane pic's

here's a link to some Matane pic's
http://espace.canoe.ca/Romainp99/album/view/46761/1
Old 11-19-2007, 10:42 AM

same thing on Matapedia

Conditions are the same on the Matapedia .Just rec'd some pic's and the Bridge at Heppel has about 2 ft to spare between it and the surface of the river !@ Adams the rock wall at Michel pelletire's had about ,what looked like 8 ft, to go before overflowing onto the grass !!!
Old 11-19-2007, 10:50 AM
Venture

Send a message via ICQ to Venture
WHOLLY SCHYT. Spoke to my neighbor in St Rene last night. She didn't even mention that anything was going on. I am just reading this for the first time. The Gaspe and it's rivers have taken a beating this year. Don't know if the global warming has anything to do with the rain in that area. Down here on Long Island we have not had such bad weather. It seems that every bad event is blamed on GW. I usually blame every bad event on Bushy Boy and not GW.

Man, I hope David is wrong about the beds and the par. Yup there will be some small fish struggling to stay put and some that cant make it. But I hope its not as devastating as he suggests.

Hey David.....take me to Chile with you. It sucks here too.....

Howie
Old 11-19-2007, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venture
Man, I hope David is wrong about the beds and the par. Yup there will be some small fish struggling to stay put and some that cant make it. But I hope its not as devastating as he suggests.
In fact, having spoke with friend in Matane, it seems to be worst...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.