Washington DC - Early December - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-16-2007, 09:33 AM
Rupe

Washington DC - Early December

Hi - going to be in DC for a week last week of November. I might have a spare day - Would there be a chance of anything on the fly within striking distance or is it too late? Guess a charter / guide would be the best bet as opposed to self guided due to limited time.

Failing that, any recommendations for where I should be going out for a few beers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2007, 11:01 AM

Fishing Options

It's definitely possible, though I don't have names at hand. All the fishing there that I'm familiar with is from boat. Depending on your time windows, Chesapeake Bay Bridge/Tunnel could be an option. Alternatively, Schoolie Stripers can be caught in the Potomac right in Georgetown (DC). If Wild Bill is on this site, he would be an excellent info source.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.